Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ts2000i "Trade volume" "Volume Bar" charts -- OK for stock -- NOT OK for futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next step...

the Download from eSignal window will open.

In this window, checkmark Stock.

Then click Add Item....

-edb
    Attached Files

Comment

Next step...

the following window will appear after Add Item... button is clicked.

First, select Stock from the dropdown menu.

Second, click and highlight CME from the list of Available Exchanges.

Third, click the Add button

-edb
      Attached Files

Comment

Next step...

The window look like this after "Add Item..." button is clicked.

So, fourth, click OK button.

-edb
        Attached Files

Comment

In Summary,

If you're just setting up GlobalServer, CME won't be in the list of stock exchanges, and your Symbols to Download will look like this (and not have the emini symbols)...

-edb
          Attached Files

Comment

End of summary...

After the steps are completed to add CME to list of stock exchanges, your Symbols to Download will look like this (and have the emini symbols)...

-edb
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
              edb
              That step is not included in that document as those instructions are only for setting up the symbol in GlobalServer.
              It is however included in the general instructions I compiled for the Plugin which are available here
              Alex
              Hi Alexis,

Document Setup_Guide_for_eSignal_ActiveX_Plugin_for_TS2000i .mht, correct?

I tried to look at it before, when my subscription to eSignal began beginning of November. I thought the mht files were broken links or files.

I had no trouble reading it this time, using Word. Would have saved me a month of experimenting and setup time if had known that.

This eSignal Bulletin Board is very useful. Thanks for your help!

-edb

Comment

edb
                Yes that is the document I was referring to.
                FYI I removed the post that you quote as it was in the middle of your posts and thought it would be best to leave the series uninterrupted.
                Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

Original problem has been fixed by your suggestions. (See first post in thread about "charts for ES ticks -- displayed as "Trade volume" on "Volume Bar" charts -- do NOT update correctly for the ES futures.")

Thank you very much.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I found that I had to re-enter ES H7 into "Format Symbol" for each workspace chart that used ES H7. Otherwise, the chart would be blank. (I have one type of chart that uses three symbols, and it took me some time to get it right.)

Only thing that is not working now are the session breaks for ES H7 trade-volume-bar tick charts. A workaround to get the session break to appear is to scroll-back to a stock and then return (scroll) back to the future symbol (ES H7).

Any ideas how to get the session breaks to display (without having to enter -- or scroll to -- another symbol and then return to the futures)?

Thank you very much for your help to solve my original problem with trade-volume-bar tick charts for futures.

-edb

Comment

edb
                    From what I have seen that issue will happen with both tick or trade volume charts regardless of the symbol type.
                    The other workaround that I know of is to change compression. With either method though the session break delimiter will be displayed permanently only after the first bar of the session is completed and a new bar is formed
                    Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X