Best TS2000i Data Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best TS2000i Data Settings

As a new TS2000i user (using the eSignal plug in), can someone make a suggestion.

I need daily data, and also data from 1 min on up. If I pick 1 min data in the Download from eSignal dialog, do I also need to pick 5 min data?

Also, why would I need to pick 1 Tick data if I am picking 1 min data?

I assume I do need to pick daily data regardless of what min data I pick. Is this correct?

Thanks for the assistance. I am coming from a TS 8.x background where I had to make none of these decisions. Which brings up another point. I am basically trying to make TS2000i give me all the charting features of TS 8.x as far as time frames go, and that is why I asked the above questions.

specialsof

If I pick 1 min data in the Download from eSignal dialog, do I also need to pick 5 min data?
    Not really. The 1 Minute resolution will allow you to plot charts for any compression ie interval (other than tick or volume charts - see next answer)

Also, why would I need to pick 1 Tick data if I am picking 1 min data?
    If you do not intend to plot Tick or Volume charts then you do not need to download and store the 1 Tick resolution.

I assume I do need to pick daily data regardless of what min data I pick. Is this correct?
    You can actually create daily bars using any one of the lower resolutions however:
    - It is more efficient to create daily charts using 1 Day data especially if these cover long periods
    - eSignal provides up to a maximum of 120 days of intraday data and 10+ years of daily data so if you need longer term daily charts you will need to save the 1 Day resolution

I am basically trying to make TS2000i give me all the charting features of TS 8.x as far as time frames go, and that is why I asked the above questions.
    If you do not need to plot Tick or Volume charts then saving 1 Minute and 1 Day resolutions should cover all your needs.
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Yes, that helps tremendousely.

On additional question. If I download like 10 years of daily data for a stock, do I have to download that much every time with the eSignal plugin, or is it smart enough to just pick up with where it left off the next time.

As an example, let's say I have downloaded 10 years of daily data on MSFT. Then I am on vacation for two weeks. When I come back two weeks later how do I get it to just add those two weeks forward of daily data, or do I have to have it do the 10 years of daily history again?

Comment

specialsof
        You do not need to re-download all the data every time you need to update your data files but only the data that is required (ie in the case of your example you would need to download only the last two weeks)
        To do that define in the Date Range section of the Plugin the From date for the data (intraday and/or daily) that you wish to download (see the enclosed image)
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for getting me up and going on this.

Again... thanks for your assistance... everything is working as expected.

Comment

specialsof
            My pleasure and thank you for letting me know all is working as expected
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X