Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Server Connect Error

Hi,

I wonder if this is a problem with esignal network or something else.

Esignal Data Manager is online. When I start Global Server in Online Mode, it will not connect, it says "Error" under real-time status.

What could be the problem here. All our TradeStations are having the same problem. So, I believe it has something to do with esignal.

Is there any problem with esignal today? Any issues?

Please have feedback soon, this is kind of URGENT!

Thanks,
    Neil

I am having the exact same problem as of this morning. Actually, yesterday it did it once already, but then I restarted and it connected, but this morning not, I have tried almost everything already, turning of firewall, reinstalling ts, running spyware scans etc. Obviously then, there must be more people having the problem. Could it be something with the time changes that have occured?

Comment

I'm having the same problem and 2 friends of mine get it too. It is obviously an Esignal problem...

Already 5 customers (so far...) in a very very bad mood

Please move on to fix it !!!!!!!!

Comment

Take a look at this post: http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=22145 I think we will just follow this.

Comment

OK. thanks for the info.

Comment

Please, FAST SOLUTION for this problem !!!!

Please, FAST SOLUTION for this problem !!!!

Comment

Hi,
              thanks neilg_cebu for starting this thread. I spent an entire day trying to track a solution, including reloading all newer versions of plugins and eSignal, reinstalled Tradestation, phoned eSignal Sydney to explain the problem and reloaded a known working disk partition. All to NO avail.

It was only a desperate yet fortuitous act to visit this forum that brought me back to my senses.

Installation:
              TS 2000i Prosuite, eSignal, eSignal plugin for TS, HyperOrder

Symptoms:
              Absolutely no response to TS GlobalServer's request for data via the eSignal Data Manager. eSignal DM acknowledges (1 User), can itself see data via the File/SymbolManager. Gloabal Server File/Work Offline stays 'greyed out' because it doesn't ever receive acknowledgement that data is streaming.

Occurs:
              All the time. Data steaming never occurs not even for 1 tick. First noticed at an estimate crossing midnight from Sunday 25 Mar 07 to Mon 26, Los Angeles time

A solution must be quickly sought and distributed as wide as possible.

Cheers,
              Ditch (sydney, australia)

Comment

As far as I can see the issue appears to have been resolved.
                Alex

Comment

I have tried logging on, and I am still getting this 'ERROR' message when trying to connect using Global Server.
                  I have had this problem for some time, but only at peak times.
                  I contacted E-Signal about two weeks ago, and they told me to 'try and reboot my router', if I had one! Other than that they said there were no other issues!
                  Thanks for bringing this problem up.
                  Regards
                  Marek

Comment

Hi,
                    yes the problem has disappeared. GS + eSignal appears ok now.
                    cheers
                    Ditch

Comment

Same problem reappeared as of today.

The same problem occured as of today. Seeing that no one else has posted here, I assume it to be an isolated incidence. Does anybody know what to do in such case, I have tried reinstalling TS already, but it didn't solve the problem.

Comment

I have just reinstalled my whole O/S including everything from scratch and guess what the problem persists. Now after performing this whole operation, the only problem could be by my ISP, but how could that be possible?

Comment

Yikes! Sounds like GS hell to me.

What OS are you using? Also, how do you connect to the net??

Have you tried inserting a single simple symbol (ie DELL) and tried to connect? This might eliminate a database problem.

Does your esignal software work?

Firewall??

Router??

Dave
                          Last edited by sahallie; 04-21-2007, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I have got the problem eliminated. The following was the cause of the error. I am using a Belkin Router that connects via the modem, so I tried letting the computer make a direct connection using PPPoE, also didn't work, then I left out the DNS server addresses that my ISP provided me with and voila!, there it worked, I then ticked "Automatically assign DNS servers" in the Router setup.
                            Everything is working fine now. It seems weird that something such as this was the problem the whole time, I mean everything else connected perfect to the Internet. I took snapshots of the logs and there is a difference by the CWinRnsClient lines, when it stucks by "Initialized" and gives that "Error" message on the symbols under the DNS servers explicitly stated scenario, the line reads "Cannot connect to to Remote News Server". Under the scenario when I let the DNS servers be determined automatically (or when using the DNS servers of my other internet account, i.e. different login details but same ISP) it reads "Cannot create CDBS News object" but everything works then as it should. It would be interesting if somebody could explain how such a problem could be caused by something simple like ticking a field box on and off. Obviously it has something to do with the DNS servers, but how is problem isolated ONLY to GlobalServer? I hope my solution will help others, encountering the same problem.
                            Last edited by rener1980; 04-21-2007, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X