GlobalServer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GlobalServer error

I'm new to eSignal and have just begun a trial of the service.

I've just done a fresh re-install of TS2k, SP4 and SP5, then a install of eSignal DataManager 8.1 (Build 360).

I keep getting an error message popping up in GlobalServer, Event 10,
    Event Detail description
    "Unable to buffer incoming data . Input buffer overflows."

I've only added the one symbol APS U7-SFE to GlobalServer, set up as an index. All other default symbols were deleted.

Any assistance would be great.

bc8
    At this time TS2k/GlobalServer does not function with the beta version of eSignal 8.1
    While I am not getting the error message you are reporting (or any error messages for that matter) GlobalServer is not receving any real time data even though it is connected to the Data Manager. I have already notified eSignal's developers of this issue.
    In the interim I would suggest that you uninstall eSignal 8.1 and install the most recent official release of eSignal 8.0 that is available here and that works without any problems with TS2k.
    Alex

Comment

A little more detail on 8.1.

Yes, I don't have the error message straight away, as you observed, it just sits there without data being passed into GlobalServer

If you disconnect the symbols and re-connect. ( or possibly set GlobalServer to offline and back to online), then I can get around 2-7 ticks passed and written to pds.

Then it stops with no data written to pds, and after a short time, the error message about buffer starts and keeps on throwing the same error message perhaps with every tick coming in.

Edit: I noticed the Average Record Size was 31 and not the usual 28.

Also the Daily Bars Written in PDS would increase but not the Ticks.
      Last edited by bc8; 07-23-2007, 04:51 AM.

Comment

bc8
        FYI the latest version of eSignal 10.0 (fka 8.1) which was posted today in the Download page has resolved the incompatibility issue and is now fully functional with TS2k
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X