Why is my data delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is my data delayed

I have a real time feed for the ES contracts. I can see in the eSignal quotes and a 1 minute chart, I can then compare this to the same within 2000i. The problem is that when comparing a price extension I see it first in eSignal than 2-3 seconds later (if few ticks) to 20-40 seconds later (if there is a lot of ticks) in 2000i. I have been timing it with a stopwatch and I can also compare this to a live feed from Global Futures, and another live feed from TradeStation Securities (all on different computers). All feeds are the same - except the one feeding into 2000i. This is not good as I would prefer to use 2000i. Any ideas?

Go 4 It
    To what Category did you assign the symbol? If you used Futures then you could be experiencing a known issue that occurs when using TS2k with the eSignal feed on some electronically traded futures (in particular the CME e-minis) which can cause delays, screen flicker, hourglass, etc. In that case you may want to review the document TS2k - High CPU usage with mini futures.mht which you can find here.
    My experience has been that the solution suggested by Omega [besides creating other problems] is not as effective as setting up all the electronically traded futures as either Index or Stock. If you want to give that a try see the document Setting up ES as Stock or Index.mht which is available at the same link above.
    You may also want to consider defragmenting GlobalServers's database. To do that see the TS2k - Reducing data file size.mht also available at the same link. The procedure is worthwhile even if you are not in need of actually reducing the size of the database.
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex
      I'm interested in reading this document, but I'm not familiar with the .mht format. What program do I need to open a document such as this? Thanks!

Comment

maldonado
        The .mht files can be read using Internet Explorer (they are HTML archive files). If you can't open them with IE then you can use Word 2002 or later (using Web Pages or Web Archives as the file type). If you have Word 2000 then you will need to install the Word 2000 Web Archive Converter which will allow you to read Web Archive files.
        Alex

Originally posted by maldonado
        Hi Alex
        I'm interested in reading this document, but I'm not familiar with the .mht format. What program do I need to open a document such as this? Thanks!

Comment

Alex,

FYI, the image links inside of "Setting up ES as Stock or Index.mht " appear to be broken. IE shows the image borders, but only an X where the gifs should be.

Comment

Brad
            The images are embedded in the file and as far as I can see IE6 has no problems in displaying them (see enclosed animation - note that I no longer have those images anywhere on my computer).
            If I remember correctly some versions of IE7 have an issue with that file format so if you are using one of those that could be the problem. In that case you should be able to view them using Word
            Alex

Originally posted by shortandlong
            Alex,

FYI, the image links inside of "Setting up ES as Stock or Index.mht " appear to be broken. IE shows the image borders, but only an X where the gifs should be.

Comment

Alex,

Thanks. You're right, it's an IE 7 issue. An older PC of mine with IE 6 loads up the page just fine.

Comment

Brad
                FWIW I think there is a new(er) version of IE7 that is able to read mht files correctly
                Alex

Originally posted by shortandlong
                Alex,

Thanks. You're right, it's an IE 7 issue. An older PC of mine with IE 6 loads up the page just fine.

Comment

Working...
                X