daylight saving/standard time change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daylight saving/standard time change

Ever since daylight saving was changed by the govt. my charts do not show the closing vertical dashed bar at the right time. The ES market closes at 15:15 Central time, and should not show on my chart until 16:15 eastern time, as I am in MA, ie. east coast.
    It plots at 3:15 pm my time.

I have GMT -5 hours set and the charts have the same time shown as my tray clock.

Would appreciate some help. Ideas welcome.
    Ray

Re: daylight saving/standard time change

Ray
    If you select File-> Desktop Options from the main menu of TradeStation what value do you have in the Offset from datafeed time box?
    Alex

Originally posted by grandad
    Ever since daylight saving was changed by the govt. my charts do not show the closing vertical dashed bar at the right time. The ES market closes at 15:15 Central time, and should not show on my chart until 16:15 eastern time, as I am in MA, ie. east coast.
    It plots at 3:15 pm my time.

I have GMT -5 hours set and the charts have the same time shown as my tray clock.

Would appreciate some help. Ideas welcome.
    Ray

Comment

Hello Alex,
      It says, -300 minutes.
      Ray

Comment

Ray
        The only other settings [that I can think of] that could impact the display of the sessions could be
        - The Timezone in which the chart is being plotted (this setting is in the Settings tab of the Format Symbol dialog box). If this were set to Exchange then the chart would correctly display 15:15 as the closing time
        - The Daylight Saving settings in the Edit Exchange dialog box.
        If you can provide details or preferably screenshots of both the above mentioned settings that may be of help in trying to determine what the issue is.
        FWIW at my end all the charts for ES are showing 16:15 as the closing time (I am located in the Eastern US timezone)
        Alex

Comment

Alex,
          Sorry for the long delay; but I wanted to update you on what I did/found.

I tried changing the settings for the places you indicated, but nothing made any difference. When the time changed back in March, I did something (??) that must have affected the working of the program.

I made a new image of the hard disk, then I went to an Acronis True Image from before March, plucked TS from that image and put it in the current setup.

Then I went to the current image and replaced MyWork, Server, and Templates and luckily, it worked. TS, time, and session break lines are working ok.

Thanks for your help. Ray

Comment

As Alex mentioned, the Daylight Savings settings is one thing to check. Maybe it didn't get updated when you restored your software.

Anyway, attached are my settings for the CME. (Note my computer is set to Eastern Standard Time.) This is from SuperCharts Omega Server, but should be pretty much the same as TradeStation.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ray
              Thanks for the update and I am glad to hear you have it working properly again.
              Alex

Originally posted by grandad
              Alex,
              Sorry for the long delay; but I wanted to update you on what I did/found.

I tried changing the settings for the places you indicated, but nothing made any difference. When the time changed back in March, I did something (??) that must have affected the working of the program.

I made a new image of the hard disk, then I went to an Acronis True Image from before March, plucked TS from that image and put it in the current setup.

Then I went to the current image and replaced MyWork, Server, and Templates and luckily, it worked. TS, time, and session break lines are working ok.

Thanks for your help. Ray

Comment

Working...
              X