Globalserver to eSignal Data Manager in Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globalserver to eSignal Data Manager in Vista

I just got a vista notebook. I now find that globalserver cannot connect real-time with Data Manager under vista. Has anyone else got this problem?

Funny though, the plugin is able to download historical data!

No replies, does vista spell the end for 2000i?

Comment

same problem

am having same problem - anyone out there come out with a solution!?

Comment

Hello,

yes, i have the same problem.

Ciao Catano

Comment

Ok, guys....come on.... someone out there must be working on a solution to this problem...

GS goes thru all the steps to connect, but gets stuck on Initialised - if you watch the Performance page the screen flickers as though it is still trying to connect.

I have tried changing all the settings I can think of on Vista, to no avail.

Is there someone out there trying to fix this? Can you point me in a direction?

Monica

Comment

Has anyone tried installing and/or running it in "Windows XP SP2 mode" on Vista via the "Program Compatibility Wizard" or by right-clicking on the files?

Might be worth a try according to
            this.

Comment

Running it as Administrator and, if necessary, changing the compatibility mode will work according to this.

Comment

Yes, running in Windows XP SP2 compatability lets you run everything individually - BUT GS cannot connect to collect real-time data with esignal - you can get historical data, but can't connect real-time- extremely frustrating to say the least!

I have spent countless hours on this trying every setting imaginable and am still working at it - when you have new laptops you don't want to give up easily...........

Comment

Just a note on what you wrote about not giving up, I am told that with new laptops, you can get the dealer to reverse it to XP. Microsoft allows that but dealers hate to do it because it is a pain and most people don't want to pay up.

Comment

Working...
                  X