Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• download CAC40 and FTSE100 futures

Hi,

I have encountered problem downloading CAC40 and FTSE100 futures data into global server. Their symbols in eSignal are FCE Z7-EEI and Z Z7-EEI respectively.

The problem is that when I added Z Z7-EEI into Global Server, and then hit Download from eSignal, the list of contracts that can be downloaded does not include Z Z7. I have tried Liffe exchange and Eurex, and even UNDEF, but without success.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

William

Re: download CAC40 and FTSE100 futures

William
    The reason you are not seeing the symbol listed in the Symbols to Download dialog box is probably because the exchange to which you assigned the symbol Z Z7-EEI is not in the list of the Plugin's Used Exchanges for the Category (ie Futures, Bonds, Stocks) to which the symbol was assigned.
    In the Plugin you need to Edit the Category and move the exchange to which you assigned the symbol from the list of Available Exchanges to that of the Used Exchanges
    You can find detailed illustrated instructions on using the Plugin in the Setup Guide for eSignal ActiveX Plugin for TS2000i.mht which can be downloaded here
    Alex

Originally posted by whammer
    Hi,

I have encountered problem downloading CAC40 and FTSE100 futures data into global server. Their symbols in eSignal are FCE Z7-EEI and Z Z7-EEI respectively.

The problem is that when I added Z Z7-EEI into Global Server, and then hit Download from eSignal, the list of contracts that can be downloaded does not include Z Z7. I have tried Liffe exchange and Eurex, and even UNDEF, but without success.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

William

Comment

Thank you, Alex. Could you tell me what I have to use to read .mht files please?

William

Comment

William
        They can be read using Internet Explorer (they are HTML archive files). If you can't open them with IE then you can use Word 2002 or later (using Web Pages or Web Archives as the file type). If you have Word 2000 then you will need to install the Word 2000 Web Archive Converter which will allow you to read Web Archive files.
        Alex

Thank you, Alex. Could you tell me what I have to use to read .mht files please?

William

Comment

Alex, thank you. Adding the exchange works very well for both the symbols FCE Z7-EEI and Z Z7-EEI.

However, is there anyway to use the continuous contracts, such as FCE 1!-EEI? This would save a lot of headaches later without having to merge the contracts from contract to contract.

I tried using the 1! notation, went through the download procedure. The download performance monitor seems to be downloading from eSignal. But when I try edit the data in GlobalServer, there's no record of any data.

Did I do something wrong? or the 1! caused the problem for the downloader?

William

Comment

William
            The 1! continuous contracts are only available in the eSignal program as they are created at application level and not at server level.
            Alex

Alex, thank you. Adding the exchange works very well for both the symbols FCE Z7-EEI and Z Z7-EEI.

However, is there anyway to use the continuous contracts, such as FCE 1!-EEI? This would save a lot of headaches later without having to merge the contracts from contract to contract.

I tried using the 1! notation, went through the download procedure. The download performance monitor seems to be downloading from eSignal. But when I try edit the data in GlobalServer, there's no record of any data.

Did I do something wrong? or the 1! caused the problem for the downloader?

William

Comment

Working...
            X