FTSE & CAC 40 future data download problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTSE & CAC 40 future data download problem

I wonder if anyone can help with a problem that I have donwloading FTSE 100 and CAC 40 future historical daily data?

I have a number of symbols setup in Globalsever using the esignal plugin to get this daily data into Tradestation. I have no problem with the e-mini's, but for some reason the FTSE 100 and CAC40 stopped downloading back in August. I have tried changing various settings but it looks as though the data is simply not there anymore. I can download up to the 2nd Aug 2007 for the FTSE 100 futre but nothing for the CAC40. The weird thing is I had no problems before August 2007 so I dont know what has changed or if e-signal simply dont ptovide this data anymore. The symbols are still listed in the esignal data directy so I am stumped?

Any help would be greatly appreiated.

Re: FTSE & CAC 40 future data download problem

wsimon
    As far as I can see at my end the data for the FTSE100 and the CAC40 futures is available and current and can be downloaded using the Plugin (see enclosed screenshots)
    You may want to check if you are currently subscribed to those exchanges. If that is the case then you need to provide some further details on how you have these symbols set up (preferably including screenshots of the settings in GlobalServer) so that someone can try to assist you
    Alex

Originally posted by wsimon
    I wonder if anyone can help with a problem that I have donwloading FTSE 100 and CAC 40 future historical daily data?

I have a number of symbols setup in Globalsever using the esignal plugin to get this daily data into Tradestation. I have no problem with the e-mini's, but for some reason the FTSE 100 and CAC40 stopped downloading back in August. I have tried changing various settings but it looks as though the data is simply not there anymore. I can download up to the 2nd Aug 2007 for the FTSE 100 futre but nothing for the CAC40. The weird thing is I had no problems before August 2007 so I dont know what has changed or if e-signal simply dont ptovide this data anymore. The symbols are still listed in the esignal data directy so I am stumped?

Any help would be greatly appreiated.

Comment

Hi Alex

Apologies for the delayed response.

Yes, I am subscribed to all the e-mini's, Euronext for the FTSE and CAC 40, and also Eurex, for the DAX and Eurostoxx 50, all of which I can receive no problem, except the FTSE and CAC 40. I actually subscride to the eSignal realtime data so I get all the end of day data included in that subscription.

I changed my PC back in August, and re-installed all the programs, and also overwrote all the relevant directories to get my settings back, but ever since then the FTSE 100 and CAC 40 futures will not work, I have no idea why because I checked everything and all settings appear correct. I have also tried setting these two symbols up again from scratch but that didn’t work either. The data doesn’t appear to be there?

I have attached screen shots of the various settings in Global server, for both CAC40 and FTSE, but you may need to resize the images, for some reason I couldn't do this in Word 2007?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated because I have had this problem now for months.

Regards
      Simon

Comment

Simon
        No screenshots are attached to your post.
        Alex

Originally posted by wsimon
        Hi Alex

Apologies for the delayed response.

Yes, I am subscribed to all the e-mini's, Euronext for the FTSE and CAC 40, and also Eurex, for the DAX and Eurostoxx 50, all of which I can receive no problem, except the FTSE and CAC 40. I actually subscride to the eSignal realtime data so I get all the end of day data included in that subscription.

I changed my PC back in August, and re-installed all the programs, and also overwrote all the relevant directories to get my settings back, but ever since then the FTSE 100 and CAC 40 futures will not work, I have no idea why because I checked everything and all settings appear correct. I have also tried setting these two symbols up again from scratch but that didn’t work either. The data doesn’t appear to be there?

I have attached screen shots of the various settings in Global server, for both CAC40 and FTSE, but you may need to resize the images, for some reason I couldn't do this in Word 2007?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated because I have had this problem now for months.

Regards
        Simon

Comment

FTSE and CAC 40 Futures Data

Hi Alex

The problem would seem to be the size of the attachment file, which is just under 4 meg. Is there anyway I can email this file to you instead?

Regads
          Simon

Comment

Editing the image file with Paint (which comes with Windows), and saving it as a *.PNG or *.GIF file should reduce it's size substantially so you can post it here. The Paint program icon is usually under Start, All Programs, Accessories.

Comment

FTSE 100 and CAC 40 future historical daily data

Alex

Can I email the screenshots to you rather than try to post them as the files are too large?

I really need help to get this problem resolved.

Regards
              Simon

Comment

Working...
              X