Download leaves out midnight to open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download leaves out midnight to open

Seeing a download just after the 8:30 am CME open does not include the data from midnight to the open. Also, noting that the time is listed as GMT in the plug-in download progress window. This is true even if the download date setting includes 8/10 to 8/11 or to 8/12.

Liam
    At 9:52 EDT I just did a download for ES #F starting on 8/11 and ending 8/11 and it downloaded 406 points of data (from 00:01).
    then did a download from 8/10 to 8/11 and it dowonloaded 549 points (from 19:01)
    What symbol(s) are you using?
    Yes the Download Performance window uses GMT time (as it did in Uniserver)
    Alex
    Last edited by ACM; 08-11-2003, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Download leaves out midnight to open'

Alex, using ES U3.

Also seeing that any data collected after midnight right up to the current
      tick is deleted.

----- Original Message -----
      To: <[email protected]>
      Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 7:59 AM
      Subject: Reply to post 'Download leaves out midnight to open'

>
      > Hello liamk,
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >

Comment

Liam
        I just set up ES U3 in GlobalServer as a Future (I have it as Index) and requested a download for 8/11-8/11 and the data was downloaded and stored (573 points) as you can see in the images below.
        Wonder if it has anything to do in GlobalServer settings or sessions.
        Alex

Comment

Alexis, it appears my being a new user with TS and Global Server is probably
          at the heart of the issue I'm seeing and you are not. So, in thinking it
          through consider there may be some setting ... etc ... that needs to be done
          (or undone) to allow the data for the current date to be shone in TS2000i
          charts after a download.

Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 7:59 AM

>
          > Hello liamk,
          >
          >

Comment

Liam
            No problem. Can you post an image of the Session settings for ES U3 (preferably showing Exchange Time)? Also what History to Save have you selected?
            Alex
            Last edited by ACM; 08-11-2003, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Here's the pix. History to save is Impl Volatility None, 1 Tick 15 days, 1 min 1000, 1 day 50000. These are defaults, I think.
              Attached Files

Comment

Liam
                Those settings are (for the most part) correct and should not prevent a download and subsequent saving of the data.
                BTW you may want to modify Sun start time to 17:30 and all the other days start time to 15:45 (all Exchange times).
                If you go to the Edit Data tab it shows none of the data you downloaded?
                Alex

Comment

Edit data does show all the data from midnight to the current tick with each
                  reload. So, the data is in Global Server. However, it does not show in the
                  chart for ES U3 in TS2000i. The chart shows data up to midnight, then only
                  the data coming in following the Download by the plug-in..

Also, I see that using the Format Symbol tool in TS that in Settings > Last
                  Date .... any date entered after 8/9/03 produces the message "invalid
                  date". So, TS is not seeing the data collected by Global Server.
                  Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 9:00 AM

>
                  > Hello liamk,
                  >
                  >

Comment

Liam
                    OK so we are dealing with a different issue here. The data is being downloaded and stored in GS but not plotted in TS2k.
                    Could you export some of the data (only 1 Minute and 1 Day) and upload the xpo file in this group so I can take a look at it. 10 days should be enough to spot any problems. Also use GMT as the time for the exported file.
                    Alex

Comment

Success !!

Restarted TS and now do see the data charted for 8/11 . Tried another download with the plug-in and for the first time the data is integrated, rather than deleting all the pre-existing Global Server data for 8/11

So, this appears to be an oddball issue... TS and Global Server not speaking to each other in a friendly way. Any ideas how this can develope?

Comment

Didn't see your post requesting a data export, Alexis, before I rebooted TS.
                        If you still would like to see the data let me know.
                        Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 9:39 AM

>
                        > Hello liamk,
                        >
                        >

Comment

Liam
                          With TS2k and GlobalServer it is not always easy (or even possible) to find out why.
                          That aside is there any particular reason you would want to have ES U3 as Future?
                          Reason I ask is that TS/GS are ill equipped to handle the mini contracts when setup as Futures and can give you a lot of problems (CPU maxing out, flashing screens, drawing tools that don't stay in place, etc).
                          You would be much better off setting up the mini contracts as either an Index (which is what I do) or Stock which would also allow you to access Bid/Ask Records.
                          The performance advantage across the board is considerable as many who have switched to that setup will be able to confirm.
                          Also you may want to use the #F symbol which would then avoid you all the hassles of rollovers etc.
                          Lastly you may also want to set ES my=2 symbol so as to collect RTH session only.
                          Just a few ideas.
                          Alex
                          Last edited by ACM; 08-11-2003, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Liam

Didn't see your post requesting a data export, Alexis, before I rebooted TS.
                            If you still would like to see the data let me know.

If you have it running fine then I don't think it is necessary any more.
                            However you may want to read the other message I posted regarding setting up the minis as Index or Stock.
                            Glad to hear you have everything working

Alex

Comment

I see another issue, Alexis ... Zero volume is showing for the histogram
                              in the chart from downloaded data, but do have normal vol showing for the
                              time following the download. Further, I saw this last week before the
                              release of the plug-in. So, it appears to be some setup issue here related
                              to eSig data choices and collecting history in contrast to collecting
                              current data in RT which shows the volume in the chart.

I'll follow your suggestion re setting up futures as stocks instead and see
                              how it works. Thanks for the idea.

Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 10:01 AM

>
                              > Hello liamk,
                              >
                              >

Comment

Working...
                              X