the new data plug in for ts2000i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new data plug in for ts2000i

i have dynaloader for esignal and it is much faster for downloading data than the free esignal downloader. plus the esignal downloader is a memory hog compared to dynaloader.

but if you don't own dynaloader i guess it would be great cause it's free. if i try and load data while charting is running it freezes up but with the dynaloader i have not that problem.

just my experiences with the plug in - thanks esignal.

mark brown

ActiveX for TS

Hi Mark!

This is very different than we've heard from others. I thought you were using Uniserver before? We are trying to build an improved version. If you could give us some examples tssupport could check it out a bit.
    Chuck
    @eSignal

Comment

i have most all add on software from all suppliers for all data feeds, really leaving no stone un turned. while i am not a dynastore fan at all - the eDynaloader is a pretty good product at extracting data from eSignal.

the new plug in you guys just did works ok but it is very cpu laden
      and interferes with the global server duties if run during market
      hours. also the checking of one tick one minute 5 minute and day
      selections seem to not matter to the application as it will collect
      for all even though only one is checked like 1 tick for example.

which causes time wasting redundant cpu processing. however it is a good backup data collector i think. i am somewhat concerned about the integration into global server though and hope that it will prove to be stable over the long term.

mark brown

what would really be slick is if the app could add non existant symbols and settings of new contracts into the global server, freeing up the user from this burden. example i now have auz index futures but nothing plots cause i have something set wrong.

Comment

Mark

also the checking of one tick one minute 5 minute and day selections seem to not matter to the application as it will collect for all even though only one is checked like 1 tick for example

FWIW that is not what I am seeing at my end. If I check only one resolution to download (for example 5 Minute) that is all ActiveX will download. TS however will still plot a Daily because it is based on the 5 Minute resolution but there are no daily records in the GlobalServer itself.
        As an example I created MDY and downloaded 5 Minute data only.

After the download 5 Minute records are in Global Server

but there are no Daily records

You may want to check your installation of the Plugin if you are seeing different results
        Alex

Comment

I tried to upload 1 week of minute data for one symbol yesterday about 1pm. The download started, got to about 305 records, and stopped. Also, all charting stopped also. I looked at the windows task manager; besides the CPU being maxed out, I found the download was 'not responding', so used the task manager to shut it down. Big Problem. Now the Globalserver wouldn't respond either, and when I shut it down and tried to restart, I would get an 'event log error' when starting it back up.

Guess I won't try downloading during market hours again.

I reinstalled the Globalserver and finished the day (although this didn't get rid of my 'event log error', so don't know if I had to do this or not), then at 5pm, reinstalled the esignal utility and downloaded missing data with no problems.

Comment

Mark and Phlsti,

The thing is - when you're receiving data in realtime mode and plotting a ProSuite chart using it, and at the same time trying to download the same symbol data with the plugin - this may cause
            GlobalServer to slow down. This is a principal limitation of GlobalServer.

You can understand this problem, if you consider that ProSuite queries GlobalServer for data to plot a chart and at the same time you're trying to refresh and overwrite that very data. It may sometimes produce the CPU problem. You can easily get the same error while exporting data from xpo - the native omega format. Hope this helps.

Regards,
            Robert

Comment

FYI:

Blow is the post from Omega-list concerning 100% CPU usage in realtime mode. Preston doesn't use the plugin at all. Andy

so, did we ever determine what causes (within TS 2000i) the cpu to lock 90% of the time on 100% usage???

it takes 4 to 6 seconds for a TS command to take place,... such as changing workspaces or moving a trend line... or drawing an arrow..., etc.

going off line in the server seems to largely return cpu speed to normal

I have a 2.4 Gh AMD with one gig of RAM... lawsy me!!! what if I were on my old 386?!

any ideas? I collect data on cme & cbot, a few options, as well as a few stocks... around 6000 symbols total. the problem began suddenly about 3-weeks ago & has not subsided. I do a regular scandisk, delete tmp files
              (each one to two weeks) & do a nightly DisKeeper defrag. have 3+ Mb paging file size & over 90 gigs of free HD space. a mystery to me. have not tried reinstalling 2000i... yet.

thanx, preston morrow
              Last edited by TS Support; 08-12-2003, 08:33 AM.

Comment

slow TS updating

I received this on another thread talking about the slow updating of TS. Does anybody here know what this person is talking about?

"If you are using e-signal there is a fix on the TS site some where ,,,that invokes a small change in a volume multiplier setting in an e-signal file ..I would wing it but that might not help you ,,I remember it made Ts2000I usable again,,"

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Comment

Phil
                  I think the instructions contained in the attached Word document are what is being referenced.
                  Alex
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Alex, I will try that.

Phil

Comment

Phil
                      FWIW make sure you document the changes you implement, so as to be able to reverse them if necessary, as it has been my experience (and that of others) that there are issues with the solution suggested in the document (aside from having to modify Exchange settings when using Eurex). One of these issues has to do with tick-volume bars not plotting correctly in real time.
                      Alex

Comment

OK, thanks for the caution. I don't watch Eurex, but will watch this on the bonds.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                        X