Plugin won't download data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin won't download data

I’m an owner of TradeStation 2000i. I’m a new subscriber to e-Signal and downloaded the e-Signal Plugin for that product. Unfortunately, I’ve been unable to download data from e-Signal with that Plugin. As far as I can tell, I’ve followed the instructions as shown in the Plugin “Help” section. I created an “Item”. In this case, it was a future. I then selected the “History to save” criteria. I then “Edited” the “Item” for the exchanges that I wanted to use. I selected the date range and hit OK. This brought up the “Symbols to download” screen. In this case, 1648 symbols were presented for me to select from.

Here’s where my problems start. First, I selected the S&P futures symbol for September – SPU3 on the CME. No problem. For my second selection, while holding down the CTRL key, I looked for the E-mini symbol – ESU3 I presume, for the same contract. It’s not on this list of 1648 symbols. So, where's the E-mini symbol (ES) for September or any other contract month?

Secondly, I then tried to download data for the single symbol I’d selected. The “Download Performance” window appeared. It showed the “Status” box as continually “Connecting…, Waiting..., Connecting…,” but no data was ever indicated in the “Received”, “Processed” or “Ignored” boxes. How come the e-Signal Plugin isn't connecting to the e-Signal data server? As a further curiosity, in Global Server, under the View/DataFeed Settings menus, the DBC Online selection is available but the eSignal Plugin selection is “greyed” out. Is this related to the above stated problems?

rcrooks

First of all I imagine you ran the Setup Wizard to set GlobalServer up to use eSignal as the data feed.
    Did you install the Plugin after you ran the Setup Wizard?
    If no may I suggest that you run the installation for the Plugin once again.

I looked for the E-mini symbol – ESU3 I presume, for the same contract. It’s not on this list of 1648 symbols. So, where's the E-mini symbol (ES) for September or any other contract month?

Are any of the ES contracts actually available in GlobalServer's Portfolio?

As to the "Connecting..", "Waiting..", etc issue this may suggest that the Plugin is not installed correctly

Alex

Comment

Working...
    X