Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin/TS2000i still won't download data.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin/TS2000i still won't download data.

Alexis, thanks for your suggestions in your last post to me. At the time, I hadn't configured Global Server to receive DBC Online data. I have now and current data is downloading into GS. Unfortunately, the e-Signal Plugin/TS2000i, still isn't connecting to the e-Signal Data Server and so I can't load historical data into GS.

I've deleted old installations of the Plugin and reinstalled the Plugin after I was sure that GS was configured and working properly. The Plugin goes from "Connecting...Waiting...Connecting" indefinitely with no data being downloaded. Frankly, I have no idea how to install the Plugin any differently than I have. Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated. Regards, Randy Crooks.

Randy
    A few screenshots may be of help here.
    Note: Because only one attachment is allowed per message unless you know how to insert multiple screenshots inline you may want to zip the screenshots and then attach the zip file.
    Screenshots that may give some clues are one of your GlobalServer Portfolio, one of the main Plugin window preferably with an Item selected and one of the plugin's Symbol to Download dialog box.
    In your prior message you mention that the Plugin selection for Data Feed was grayed out in GlobalServer. Is that still the case?
    Lastly (for now) what version of TS2k/GlobalServer are you running?
    Alex

Comment

Screen Shots

Alexis, here's the info you asked for. The Zip file contains 6 screen shots. The first five show the sequence I went through to access data through the e-Signal Plugin for TS2Ki. The last screen shot shows the Global Server/View/Data Feed Settings/e-Signal Plugin (which is "greyed" out). I saved these screen shots in GIF format. When I "zipped" the file that contained all six shots, it was still to large to submit in one e-mail on this forum. So, here's the third screen shot in GIF format. I'd like to send you the other screen shots in seperate posts if that's OK. Please advise. Regards, Randy.
      Attached Files

Comment

Plugin won't download - continued.

Alexis, I'm taking the liberty to send one additional screen shot. I hope I'm not violating any forum rules in doing so. Regards, Randy.
        Attached Files

Comment

Randy
          Click here and upload all the images at that location
          Alex

Comment

Alexis, here's my Global Server Info.

Version: 5.00.0822
            Date: 07/19/2003

Regards, Randy.

Comment

Randy
              Couple of questions come to mind.
              I see that you have a lot of symbols in your Portfolio and that you are connected with a number of them.
              How many symbols are actually connected and what is the symbol limit of your subscription?
              You could try going Offline and running the Plugin.
              Also as I look at the screen shots I notice that you have an Omega Scheduler running. You may want to try closing down the Scheduler and running the Plugin
              Let me know if either of the above makes a difference.
              Alex

Comment

Alexis, my symbol limit is 100 symbols. I've verified this by going to e-Signal Central/Account Maintenance/View Product Summary. I currently have 95 symbols connected. I disconected the Omega Research Scheduler. I also tried to download data trough the Plugin with GS offline. So far the result is the same. The Plugin won't download any data. Randy.

Comment

Randy,

Please go to the DataManager -> Communications and make sure the IP Address is CM*.esignal.com (NOT CM*.DBC.com). Let me know how it works.

Thank you,
                  Andy

Comment

TS support, THANKS!!! The Plugin/TS2Ki is now downloading data. I wish this "minor detail" would have been disclosed as an item to check in the Setup Guide info. Anyway, life is now much better. Thanks to you and Alexis for all your help with this problem.

Alexis, on another subject. I want to maintain up-to-date (no more than a week old) historical Tick data on probably 1000 symbols in Global Server. Understandably, setting up a list of a 1000 symbols every time I want to update my Global Server with the e-Signal Plugin would be excessively tedious and time consuming. What is the best way to do this using the e-Signal Plugin? Regards, Randy.

Comment

Randy
                      Actually that "minor detail" is not normally necessary in as much as it should be set by GlobalServer's Setup Wizard although that clearly did not happen in your case. Never the less glad to hear it is working now.
                      As to your question it depends if the symbols you want to update are the only ones you have in the GS Portfolio. If that is the case then no selection is necessary beyond clicking Download from eSignal in the main menu, selecting the Categories (ie Items to Download) setting the dates and clicking OK. Once the Symbols to Download dialog box appears all items are already selected (albeit in gray rather than in the usual Windows highlight color).
                      Alex

Comment

Working...
                      X