Daily data download very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily data download very slow

when I try to download just today's daily data, I noticed that the downloader is very slow, it takes about 5 seconds for a symbol. it takes a couple of hours to download today's daily data for 5000 stocks. Is this normal or expected behavor?
    I am using Esignal Equitites Baisic, and my PC is 3Ghz P4, and I also have a high speed internet connection, and so I don't think it is because of my PC or internet connection

I am experiencing the same... Only have EOD data from Esignal so I believe I need to download 1 day of data every day to maintain current charts... this is considerably slower than when compared to downloading xyears of data for historical downloads.

Is there a faster setting/method to download several thousand symbols for each day of new data? ...or perhaps, is there something in the EOD streaming from Esignal that I am not doing correctly?

Comment

This really depends on a number of factors. I'll list a few of the main ones that could be causing this to occur.

1) Downloads are a large amount of daily data per symbol. If you're downloading a large number of days of data per symbol, then I could understand how 5 sec. per symbol is possible. I know if I haven't updated my Advanced Get EOD for awhile, and a large amount of data is needed to be fetched, it certainly can take a long time to update.

2) Internet connectivity could be a cause as well. Even if a high-speed connection is being used there could be a temporary problem on a hop between your system and our servers.

3) Something in the 3rd party software is causing all the data for each symbol to be requested. I'm unsure how TS2ki functions, but for Advanced Get EOD, only the data needed is downloaded.

4) One of our servers could be having a problem at the time of the download. Typically, our alarm systems would catch a slow or non-responsive server, but this can occasionally slip past our detection.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay for the input. Still not resolved though.

I may be misunderstanding the intention of the TS2000i plug in... not sure though....

To clarify I have an EOD subscription for ESignal with the intention of using the connection to bring EOD data in TS2000i. Forgoing historical data, what is the proper configuration for EOD in TS2000i... If I connect the TS Global Server online I see Quotes received, and can see quotes on a quick quote window for connected symbols, but cannot see that day's data on a chart window.

I need to configure for the EOD to load/save on a daily basis in TS2000i.

I have cable modem and a P4.

Comment

firstdor,

Could you please Private Message (PM) me your eSignal user name to confirm that everything is set up ok from here? FYI, you can send me a PM by clicking on "Send PM" below this message.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Working...
          X