Data problem with TS2000i Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data problem with TS2000i Plugin

Has anyone else encountered the following problem?

After installing the plugin and downloading daily data, some of my tradestation charts wouldn't plot anymore. (The problem seems sequential in nature because I could plot all symbols from A-L, but not M-Z)

On the charts that wouldn't plot, I've verified that the requested data is in the GS. Also, on TS's Format Symbol screen, I've noticed that the "Field" box under the "Settings" tab is blank. It should contain "Trade Record".

I've verified this problem on two systems, one was running WinXP and the other was Win2k. I'm running, TS=2000i, SP=5 and E-Signal 7.4. I'm downloading roughly 400 equity symbols.

Removing the Plugin and reimporting the data restores normal operation in the GS and TS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Last edited by steve33115; 09-14-2003, 07:39 PM.

The only work around I could find was to delete all of the symbols from the GS, install the Plug in and then manually add the symbols back in. (reimporting them from previous exports, just to get the symbol list did not work)

This was a tedious and pain in the a** process but everything is working fine now.

I should mention that the GS was previously configured to use dial data. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the problem, but I figured I would mention it.

Happy downloading :-)
    Kevin

Comment

Problem getting data for 01/12/04 using ActiveX plugin for TS2000i

Hello All,

I've been using the ActiveX plugin for TS2000i for the last couple of weeks and have had no problems until this week (it's working so well in fact, that I've discontinued my subscription to DynaLoader :-)

Went to download data last night for 01/12/04 and get no data for:

ES H4
      ZB H4

and only a handful of early morning ticks for

AX H4-DT

Yet, the eSignal software (ver 7.5, build 627) doesn't seem to have any problems picking up/displaying the data.

I've tried both DynaLoader and the ActiveX plugin for TS2000i and neither one seems to be able to pick up the data.

A friend of mine has also been unsuccessful picking up the data using either DynaLoader or ActiveX.

This would suggest that:

a) this problem is not limited to my user account (as I know of at least one other user having the same problem)
      b) this problem is not limited to ActiveX (as it is also seen with DynaLoader)

c) this problem is likely something to do with eSignal's database

Is anyone else experiencing this problem ?

Advance thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers,
      Valdi

Comment

Valdi
        FWIW eSignal has been having some problems with some of their servers which may explain the issue you are experiencing.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X