Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plugin downloads ticks, but data not available from global server

I have the following behavior with the plugin:

I download FOREX data, bid record ticks only (see attached screen shot). The performance monitor says that the download completes and all ticks are processed.

I go to TS to chart the new data, but TS says data does not exist. The performance tab on global servers says that 0 ticks were written.

What happened to my data?

I have: TS2K SP5, Win XP, eSignal 7.4
    Attached Files
    Tim Johnston

Tim
    Have you checked if the data is in GlobalServer?
    If it is then you may be attempting to plot the wrong Record in TradeStation
    Alex

Comment

Using Format Symbol, if I set the ending date to a prior date that has data, the data comes up and the chart paints. If I then keep the same symbol and change only the ending date into the period where I have just downloaded data, then I get no data available. If my endining date and time in days covers periods of new data and old, then I can see the old data in the chart, but not the new. So, record type is the same in both cases.

Alex, I'm going to be out the rest of the week. If you have any other questions this morning, I'll try to get them answered before I go.
      Tim Johnston

Comment

Tim
        The question I asked though was slightly different.
        Once you have downloaded the data is that data in GlobalServer?
        To check that you need to select the Symbol in Portfolio, then right click and select Edit Symbol and then go to the Edit Data tab.
        If the data is there then the issue of data not plotting correctly is in between GlobalServer and TS2k and that could be caused by a multitude of factors.
        Alex

Comment

The data IS there, so my report is bogus. What would keep it from plotting? Any insight appreciated.
          Tim Johnston

Comment

Tim
            The first thing I would look at is how many Days Back do you have in the Settings tab of Format Symbol in TS2k (just above the Last Date).
            The next item to check would be the Session settings in GlobalServer to make sure they are correct.
            Alex

Comment

Is there a way to plot Forexs real time data? I can download the data and plot it but not real time
              Actually using TS2000i SP5, Win 2000 Pro, esignal 7.3
              Thxs

Comment

Caracas100
                As you can see in the following two images captured 7 minutes apart early this morning it is possible.

If you can download tick data for FOREX symbols and plot what you have downloaded the only reasons that come to mind at this time would be that you are either in Offline mode or that the symbols are Disconnected.
                You may want to provide a bit more information as to how you have the FOREX symbols set up in GlobaServer. Also, can you run any other symbol in real time?
                Alex

Comment

Had it fixed. Needed to edit the symbol and change the Field Record. Thxs anyway for your promp reply

Comment

Working...
                  X