FTSE Cash Index/Activex problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTSE Cash Index/Activex problem

I use Esignal Realtime data for Indices and get data gaps in Tradestation charts when not live. ActiveX seemed to be the perfect answer but though I can get the back/missed data for the CAC,DAXI and US Indices I cannot identify how to download back FTSE data into Tradestation, even though my Esignal platform displays it.

Has anyone encountered the same problem or can point me to solution?
    Terryls
    Terryls

Terry
    I am asssuming that in eSignal you are using either $UKX-IDX or $UKX-FTSE to plot the FTSE Index.
    For GlobalServer use the same symbols but select UNDEF (Undefined) as the exchange. You will need to provide the Settings, Sessions etc yourself.
    Then in ActiveX Plugin make sure that UNDEF is among the Available Exchanges for Index as the Category.
    The above is the procedure I just used to create the following image so I am confident it works
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for that. With your help I found the solution......almost!

I was able to download gap data for 12 out of the 13 indices I use in realtime, except for the FTSE.The FTSE is not under UNDEF in the list of exchanges. I finally resorted to ESignal, London where Marwan walked through the whole process again with me.
      The FTSE was eventually found under NYSE. In downloading we then had the problem of the session times. Finally by then right clicking on $UKX-FTSE in the Global Server portfolio and amending the session times to London time. Lo & Behold it works.

Many thanks to yourself and Marwan in London. But......downloading FTSE data through NYSE on London times?
      Is there something I don't understand or is it Global Server?

Regards terryls
      Terryls

Comment

Terry
        FWIW I just now created $UKX-FTSE as a symbol in GlobalServer using UNDEF as the exchange. You have to create the symbol from scratch ie using Add New rather than Add from Dictionary. Then in the Session settings you simply apply the trading hours expressed in your local time.
        Using the ActiveX Plugin I also downloaded data for it which as you can see in the image below is updated to a few minutes ago
        Alex

Comment

Hi
          I am currently using uniserver with e signal to feed 2000i. Uniserver is fine except that when I download 1 min data to fill gaps and overnite on the es I do not get any volume information. Will th activex plugin allow me to get volume info in 1 min resolution?

Appreciate yr help

Comment

Tradedog
            You may want to check this thread that covers the issue on Volume.
            FWIW you can try with Uniserver the same solution that is suggested in the thread.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X