No USD or USDJPY etc Data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No USD or USDJPY etc Data?

I successfully receive data through the plug in to all symbols accept USA Dollar USD and USDJPY etc also is not on eSignal Forex list please check and explain . Thanks in advance for your answer.

Brian
    Last edited by korrison; 11-07-2003, 11:14 AM.

Hi Brian,

To get data for the USDJPY in eSignal, you need to use the symbol JPY A0-FX (the 0 in the symbol is a zero not the letter O). For the USDEURO it would be EUR A0-FX and so on for other currencies when crossing them with the USD--eSignal does not use the USD symbol.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Eric Lippert
    eSignal Technical Support

Comment

Thanks for your reply

To clarify are you saying that with eSignal EUR A0-FX is the same as USDEUR A0-FX and JPY A0-FX is the same as USDJPY A0-FX?
      HOw does eSignal distinguish between the majors then?

AT present Im using the following syntax for USD crosses USDJPY A0-FX or GBPUSD A0-FX or USD A0-FX or USDEUR A0-FX etc but still no USD data?

Please advise

Brian
      Last edited by korrison; 11-24-2003, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Brian,

Click on this link:

http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...x2.htx?source=$(source)

This will take you to the symbol format for Forex webpage and will explain further on how to use Forex symbols in eSignal. Basically, USD is redundant in the symbol format.

Sincerely,

Eric

Comment

Some FOREX do not update in TS2000i

Since last week all of a sudden some of my Forex symbols real time such as JPY A0-FX or AUD A0-FX do not update in TS2000i Build 822 their charts anymore
          EVEN THOUGH they do update and chart without problems.

What is odd is that :

i) for months they did work and with the same Esignal version, 7.5 Build 621

ii) when I redraw the chart they stop updating, but some old charts keep working. As long as I do not redraw the chart works in TS 2000i, but if I create a new one or redraw they stop

iii) they all stop at november 19, before that the chart appears, after it does not

iv) everything else in TS2000i with Esignal works fine, only Forex does not.

I have to mention that also with Uniserve when I download data everything else in TS2000i with Esignal works fine, and only Forex does not update

My setup for JPY A0-FX is shown below along with an example of a chart that does update and one that does not

Please help it is driving me crazy and TS does not know excepts saying that shold be the data....
          Attached Files

Comment

Giovanni
            Is there any data in GlobalServer past November 19th and it does not plot or you simply cannot download the data at all?
            By what you say this seems to happen only with new charts of Forex. Have you tried loading a chart for non-Forex symbol that has the same interval (ie 60 minutes)? Conversely have you tried loading a chart for a Forex symbol for a different interval?
            As far as I can see here I am able to connect in real time and backfill with the ActiveX plugin on all the Forex symbols using eSignal 7.5 build 624 but have not had any problems with earlier versions either.
            Could you upload a sample xpo of your JPY A0-FX (containing perhaps the last couple of weeks of data) to
            this group in FileShare. You would need to provide the details of the Settings so that I can replicate them on my copy of TS2k/GS.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X