Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Tradestation/GlobalServer Issue....The strangest thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Tradestation/GlobalServer Issue....The strangest thing...

My GlobalServer is TimeStamping the data with a 10 minute lag...

The data shows up correctly in the Tradestation charts, just timestamped 10 minutes back - most bizarre....

....I've looked everywhere...no mention of this problem....Anybody???

I checked all system settings/clocks for both the computer and Data Manager...everything seems OK....

arvane
    Aside from system clock and Data Manager which you have already checked the only other places, that I know of, where time can be set for TS are:
    • In TradeStation itself check in File->Desktop Options->General tab for the Offset from datafeed time. As I understand it that is the offset from GMT. This seems to be confirmed by the fact that I am on East Coast and it is set to -300 minutes.
    • In GlobalServer check the Offset from GMT for each exchange used. To do this go to Tools->Edit Exchange List then select the exchange->Edit Exch and click Edit Daylight Savings.
    Anyhow one thing I would suggest trying is to run the Setup Wizard and see if that fixes the issue.
    Also make sure that you have a real time subscription to that exchange
    Other than the above I would not know
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

That's the Fix....

Alexis,

You are a fountain of information!

Here is what I think happened:

When I originally subscribed to eSignal and set up Tradestation, I was using delayed feeds - but interestingly enough, during the setup wizard in Globalserver the only option is to choose End of Day or Delayed/Realtime.....

Two days ago I subscribed to realtime CME data - that was when the problem began....

Per your advice I re-ran the setup wizard....and now the problem has gone....There is obviously a detection routine during setup wizard for the datafeed, because after I subscribed to realtime my computer has been restarted 2 or 3 times...this was not enough to re-synch the time stamps....running the setup wizard did the trick!

Thanks a million,
      James

Comment

Working...
      X