GS Very Very Slow and freezes up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS Very Very Slow and freezes up

TRade Forex on TS2000i. If I download with PlugIn, 30 Forex symbols 6 months data 1min and Tick Ask and Tick Bid

The CPU works at near 100% and then stops altogether half way through even if I leave this going over night. The download will only work for a few symbols for one month data.

There must be something wrong PC spec is 512mb Ram speed 1gigHZ. XP operating system I have about 30 processers working even if I disable most of them it still freezes up.

Is this a common problem?

Brian

When TS2000i was intially launched, we created a changeable setting to help reduce the CPU burden while using eSignal to feed TS2000i. Essentially, once activated, eSignal would stop databasing data as it normally does, freeing up more CPU for TS2000i to function.

This FAQ highlights some of the problems users may see in eSignal if that setting is activated. The setting is changed upon install of TS. This problem was much more prominent when PC's were slower and less powerful. The typical PC today should be able to handle the load of both programs under typical use.

To see whether this setting migh be impacted a problem like the one you describe, do a search for the winros.ini file. Then open the file in a text editor and look down the list for the setting freeze= 0 or 1. Freeze=0 is the standard eSignal setting. If it's set to Freeze=1, then TS has altered that setting to free-up more CPU for itself. You could experiment by changing the setting to =1 if it's not set that way already but please be very careful as you edit this file as it contains many key program settings.

Thanks.

Comment

So if I have CPU of Intel P-3 450MHZ. Then I'll need every time I want to download Historical data to change my Global server setting ? ( From real-time to End-of-date )

Comment

pilpilonim,

I'm not quite sure I understand that conclusion. As far as I know, you shouldn't have to change that setting, whether you are viewing RT data or downloading history data. The "freeze" setting I described in the previous post deals with possible CPU issues while running the eSignal app and TS together.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X