No announcement yet.

No Futures data in Globalserver - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Futures data in Globalserver - HELP!

I have the delayed eSignal data feed.

Data Manager is up and running fine. If I run the eSignal software, I can plot a stock or a future and the data is displayed.

In Globalserver, if I connect a stock, and plot it in TradeStation (TS), it comes up with correct data trickled in from the Data Manager.

However, I can't get Futures data to come through. I'm trying to pull the symbol "JY #F", Jap Yen continuous contract. This symbol works in eSignal.

My parameters:
    Trading name: JY #F
    Desc: Japanese Yen
    Symbol Root: JY #F
    Symbol Number: 0
    Contract month: Mar
    Contract year: 2004
    Default margin: 0

I'm using Pattern 81, per someone's suggestion here, for continuous contract.

I've tried various combinations and still can't get this data to hit Globalserver.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
    Greg

Greg,

My apologies for checking the obvious first. Have you installed the plug-in mentioned in this thread? Without that Global Server will not be able to retrieve the historical data from our servers.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Greg
      Here is an illustrated step by step guide that may be useful.
      These instructions assume setting up JY #F as a future although I would probably suggest setting it up as an index should you ever want to switch to the side by side electronically traded symbol.
      Hope this helps
      Alex

In GlobalServer main menu click Insert->Symbol. The following dialog box will open

Click Add New and the following dialog box will open. Fill in the boxes and click OK

You will get the following message. Click OK

The following dialog box will appear. Fill in the boxes and click the Edit button to set the expiration pattern.

Fill in the settings

Adjust the Sessions then click OK

You will be taken back to this dialog box. Select the History to Save template and click OK

Below is the resultin plot of JY #F after a download with ActiveX Plugin. FWIW I have also connected directly and as far as I can see the data stream is working correctly.

Another way of doing all the above would be to create a specific contract for example JY H4 which would allow you to use the Add from Dictionary button (visible in the very first image).
      Then once you have completed your setup you would change the symbol to JY #F and the expiration to Patern 81.

Comment

Alexis,

Thanks for the great reply.

I'm still having trouble getting data via the Data Manager. The ActiveX plugin works.

I do have the 10-minute delayed feed - I wonder if this feed is not compatible with Futures data? Do I need real-time for this?

As an aside, do you know if I would be able to use an after-market only feed from eSignal to update Globalserver via the Data Manager? As I understand it, there are 3 main data feed timings:
        -Real-time
        -10-minute delayed
        -After market only

thanks again,
        Greg

Comment

Well, I got the Futures data to stream in.. The problem was that I was trying 2 different data feeds. I have an Advanced GET after-market feed and a regular eSignal 10-minute delayed feed. When I went back to the 10-minute delayed feed last night, today the data is coming in as it should.

Question:
          Does anyone know if I can use the Advanced GET after market data feed (or just an eSignal after market data feed) to stream data into Globalserver via the data manager?

thanks,
          Greg

Comment

Greg
            By "AdvancedGET after market feed" do you mean the eSignal Wizard?
            Alex

Comment

Alexis,

I believe so, yes. We use Advanced GET and there is a Data Manager icon in the task tray. On a separate computer with TradeStation 2000i, the same Data Manager icon appears, but we currently use 10-minute delayed data.. eSignal Premiere I believe it's called.

thanks,
              Greg

Comment

Working...
              X