TradeStation can't get GS data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TradeStation can't get GS data

I just downloaded the eSignal plugin for TradeStation 2000i to pull end of day data. TradeStation is unable to see the data in GlobalServer when the eSignal plugin is installed. I can't chart it or bring it up in a quote window. TradeStation is blind to all the data in GlobalServer, not just the most recent data brought in by the plugin. I can go over to GlobalServer and see it all just fine. As soon as I uninstall the plugin, the HistoryBank option returns along with my data in TradeStation.

When the plugin is installed, historical data comes in quite nicely, though.

I'm running TradeStation 2000i SP5, eSignal plugin 4030, eSignal 7.5 build 628.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

jcmeyers
    A couple of questions to try and better understand what may be happening.
    Have you signed up with eSignal or did you install/reinstall TS2k recently?
    Can you regularly connect GlobalServer to eSignal and download data in real time (or delayed if on a delayed account)?
    As far as HistoryBank is concerned that option is no longer available when you install the eSignal Plugin for TS2k.
    Alex

Comment

I've had eSignal and TradeStation forever. About six months ago, I quit watching my stocks in real time on TradeStation and switched over to eSignal charts real time. In the evening, I update about 7,000 stocks with daily information and run my TradeStation programs against them to make me a list of watchin' stocks for the next day.

I haven't checked to see if GlobalServer can still absorb data in real time from eSignal but I can find out tomorrow. GlobalServer likes the plugin, though. I can install the plugin, update GlobalServer's data, uninstall the plugin, and GlobalServer and Tradestation get along just fine with each other. When the plugin is installed, TradeStation can't see GlobalServer's data.

I did move all my data and TradeStation to a new computer last month. I still have it all installed on the old computer. Maybe I ought to try the plugin there, just for the heck of it.

Thanks

Jack

Comment

Working...
      X