Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting-up Forex Symbols - very helpful thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting-up Forex Symbols - very helpful thread!

I receive Forex data but have been unable to get this data into my TS2000i. I asked e-signal support and they basically said too bad for you, go to TradeStation and ask them. I've been trying to input this data for a week with no results. Does anyone here have any helpful suggestions.
    John Oakes
    John D. F. Oakes

Global Server

John, it should be something to do with your Global Server settings.

What other data is going into TS now?

What do your symbol and exchange settings look like for your forex?

Tom

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Forex'

I am getting Chicago Mercantile Exchange data, the SP500, e-mini, etc.
      All this data comes in with no problem. The Forex data simply will not take
      with the Global Server. I use as a symbol, for example, the Yen is JPY A0-FX
      with the "0" the number and not the letter. the Swiss Franc is CHF A0-FX,
      the British Pound is GPB A0-FX.
      In Trade Station 2000i, the directory indicates as the Exchange Listed,
      as CFOREX. I also noted that another exchange identified an Data
      Broadcasting Company's exchange, was LINC. Neither of these exchanges work.
      So, I have the correct symbols in the Global Server, they are
      "Connected" and it would seem that everything is working correctly.
      I did notice that when I opened the TurboFeed DataManager, and click on Data
      and then Symbols, there is a list under the heading "View by" and the list
      states Stocks, Stock Options, Futures, Futures Options, Indices, Funds and
      WildCards-Globals. There is no mention of Forex and I do not know if there
      should be.
      Don't know what else I can do. I intend to call eSignal at 9:00am and go
      over all this with them and check to make certain I have Forex Permission,
      but I did check before and Forex was on my statement. and I can get Forex
      data on the esiganl web site.
      Thanks for any comments.
      JohnO

----- Original Message -----
      To: <[email protected]>
      Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 6:17 AM
      Subject: Reply to post 'Forex'

> Hello jdfo1,
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >
      John D. F. Oakes

Comment

jdfo
        FWIW after reading your message I set up JPY A0-FX in TS2k and downloaded 1 min Trade Record data for last week (using Uniserver).
        As you can see in the attached image TS2k is plotting it without any problems.
        Symbol was set up by Adding from Dictionary, selecting CFOREX as the Exchange and JPY (Spot A0) as the symbol.
        Settings are the Defaults except for History to Save where I added 1 Min Trade Record (shown here).
        Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          jdfo
          FWIW after reading your message I set up JPY A0-FX in TS2k and downloaded 1 min Trade Record data for last week (using Uniserver).
          As you can see in the attached image TS2k is plotting it without any problems.
          Symbol was set up by Adding from Dictionary, selecting CFOREX as the Exchange and JPY (Spot A0) as the symbol.
          Settings are the Defaults except for History to Save where I added 1 Min Trade Record (shown here).
          Alex
          Hi Alex,
          What are the Session Settings as shown in the Global Server look like that enable you to get the JPY A0-FX to work? Can you show me a screen snap shot of that? Thanks

Kermit

Comment

Kermit
            Enclosed is a snapshot of the Session Settings.
            Alex

Comment

hi Alexis

i tried to download forex symbols as you mentionned but it seems that uniserver can't find these symbol. I just took the same JPY example.

Any idea?

thanks
              Younouss

Comment

Younouss
                Here is how I have ActiveX Plugin for TS2ki (fka Uniserver) set up for Forex Trade Record 1 Min and 1 Day

In Add Item I add Forex and then select 1 Minute and 1 Day (these are the same setting that are in GlobalServer History to Save for the symbol)

Then I set up for the download

After which I get the Symbols to Download window.

FWIW I just downloaded a few days worth of data without problems.
                However if you are collecting data by the tick you need to select Bid and Ask Records ! Tick and have the same setting in History to Save in GlobalServer
                Alex

Comment

i get the same error: symbol not found.

Maybe there is a pb of exchange name. I get Forex but not CFOREX in GS.

Comment

Younouss
                    Then you should use FOREX also in Uniserver.
                    Alex

Comment

alex

can't do that because uniserver chose Cforex and not Forex which is not available. Maybe the pb come from the wrong exchange...

younouss

Comment

Younouss
                        Then may I suggest that you download and install eSignal ActiveX Plugin for TS2000i which I believe has FOREX listed in the exchanges and anyhow is IMHO an improvement over Uniserver.
                        You can find details on ActiveX plugin for TS2000i if you click here
                        Remember to uninstall Uniserver before installing ActiveX Plugin.
                        Alex

Comment

Alexis

Thanks I will try after the close. Will let you know.

younouss

Comment

Alexis

It seems that this activex will replace my uniserver or what?

younouss

Comment

Younouss
                              It is essentially the same program but improved IMHO. FYI all the images I posted earlier were done using the ActiveX Plugin
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X