Downloading historical Forex Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading historical Forex Data

Hi, I'm trying to download historical forex data into my tradestation 2000i as far back as the data allows, however, I am only getting real-time data and nothing prior to me setting up my Tradestation...please help.

mkrupkin
    You may want to see this thread on the subject of Forex
    If this does not help then you may want to provide some more information regarding your setup (preferably some screenshots)
    Alex

Comment

What information do you need. I downloaded the Plug-In, changed the settings, and I still only receive data from the 22nd of June to now...I would like historical data for as far back as the system allows.

Comment

mkrupkin
        First of all what version of eSignal (if any) and of the Plugin are installed?
        Also if there is a dbcapi.dll file in the c:\windows\system32 directory what date (Modified) does it show in the Properties?
        Alex

Comment

I am using esignal version 7.6, version 4081 for the plug-in, and was last modified June 18, 1999.

Comment

mkrupkin
            Then you may want to implement the solution shown in this thread which is to copy the dbcapi.dll from the eSignal folder to c:windows/system32 folder (you may want to rename the one in the system32 folder before over writing it just to be on the safe side)
            Alex

Comment

Ok, I copied the file and renamed the old one...however, nothing has changed with my data...

Comment

mkrupkin
                Can you outline the steps you are taking to download the data (again some screenshots may be helpful)?
                Alex

Comment

Sure, first from Global Server, I highlight all my currency symbols and go File; download from esignal;, then set the settings included in the attachment included below...then I click OK until it begins to download, again thanks for your help.

Comment

attachment

Sorry here is the attachment
                    Attached Files

Comment

mkrupkin
                      I don't see that you are downloading 1 Tick Bid (or Ask) data which is what you are very likely plotting in real time.
                      Also do you have 1 Minute and 1 Day Trade Record set up in History to Save in GlobalServer?
                      Alex

Comment

OK, I set the 1 tick data for the bid and ask, and I did have the bid and ask information set in the History to Save section, however, how can I see the daily information that supposedly was downloaded already?

Comment

mkrupkin
                          You should have a setup similar to the one shown in the image below in the History To Save of GlobalServer
                          Alex

Comment

OK, that's done...however I'm still not getting daily data...do I need to download the data again?

Comment

mkrupkin
                              Yes you will need to download it again because whatever you had downloaded with the Plugin has not been saved
                              Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X