Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a limit to the amount of data allowed to be downloaded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a limit to the amount of data allowed to be downloaded?

Hi,
    I am loading Tic, and Trade data by bid, 1 minute, and daily parameters...I can load 5 currency pairs worth of data with no problems, but after that I get virtual memory errors and can't load any new data into global server...however, I don't get errors from global server, I just notice that there is no new data in the currency pairs after the first 5..is there some sort of setting I should know about?
    Thanks.

mkrupkin
    What do you mean with "load data into GlobalServer"?
    Alex

Comment

I am trying to download data using ActiveX

Comment

mkrupkin
        There is no setting that I am aware of. Try requesting less data especially if you are downloading Tick data. GlobalServer can take up a lot of computer resources while processing the data that has been downloaded.
        Alex

Comment

ok, i will try thanks...also, is there a way to subdivide the workspace so that I have individual tabs signifying different currency pairs within the same workspace?

Comment

Originally posted by mkrupkin
            ok, i will try thanks...also, is there a way to subdivide the workspace so that I have individual tabs signifying different currency pairs within the same workspace?
            mkrupkin,

as Alexis told you already: downloading tickdata consumes lots of memory. If you download to many days at once you will get the error you mentioned. You will only have this problem with tickdata.

About subdividing workspaces:
            You can create lots of charts in 1 workspace but the problem is the visibility. If you create 25 charts in 1 workspace the charts will be so small that you cannot use them.

I would suggest to work in the following way:

Make 1 workspaces for each currency and put the different charts (daily, weekly, hourly...) in this workspace.
            You canb in this way create as many workspaces as you wish. And you can open themall at the same time.
            By clicking on the tab ( or CTR+Page Up) you go from one workspace to the next.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X