Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ActiveX Plugin wiped my 5min vol

Help Needed.

I used the activeX plugin to download data and checked both tick, 1min and 5min settings. This wiped my volume so I read the relevant posts and learnt that I need to download tick data separately.

I did this and got back all my volume in my 2min charts but not in my 5min charts. I then downloaded 1min, 5min and Day data with the tick unchecked but I still can't get vol in my 5min chart.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rock Campbell

Rock
    I can replicate the issue at my end (see following image).

However I am not sure that the problem lies with the ActiveX Plugin. In fact I also did a download of 5 min data using the Use Up Volume as Total Volume option and that Volume was saved correctly in GlobalServer (see next image) yet as the prior image shows TS2k is unable to read it.

Anyhow this affects all charts that have a compression that is a multiple of 5 minutes because TS2k will use that resolution to create those charts.
    Given that you really don't save that much time or computing resources when creating charts based on 5 min resolution compared to 1 min resolution and that you are storing 1 min data anyhow my suggestion would be to delete the 5 min records and use 1 Tick, 1 Minute and 1 Day resolutions.
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis,

Would it be necessary to delete the 5min resolution (which includes associated data) from the "History to save" tab in GlobalServer also?

Leaving 5min unchecked when downloading, is it still necessary to download the tick data separately?

Rock Campbell

Comment

Rock
        Yes you would need to delete it from the History to Save in GlobalServer because that is where I suspect the problem is.
        As to the associated data all it means is that from the moment you delete it the 5 minute compression (and all the compressions that are a multiple of 5) will be created using 1 minute rather than 5 minute data.
        Yes you will still need to download 1 Tick resolution separately (and after having downloaded 1 Minute and 1 Day).
        Alternatively you can use the Use Up Volume as Total Volume option if your studies are not based on Up/Down Volume
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X