Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2000i not picking up data from the datamanager despite having the plugin

Hello,

I am totally new to Esignal and tradestation and they are quite complex.

1. I have build 5.00.0822 of tradestaion Chart which satisfies the plugin requirement.

2. The plug-in installed correctly and the globalserver datamanager appears to be picking up data from esignal. I can't see anything -> it just states 'Connected'.

3. However, when I try to bring up a tradestation Chart, there are 4 radio buttons labelled :

a) GlobalServer
    b) GlobalServer Symbol List
    c) 3rd Part Directory
    d) 3rd Part Directory Symbol List

Selecting a) reveals a default symbol $BKX for some unknown reason !

There is absolutely no data there.

Manually adding a symbol for a future (AG N4 - Silver) just gives the message 'No data for the selected date range. I modified this to 1 day from 500 and got the same error.

I do not believe that it 'sees' any of the datamanager's data BUT DO NOT KNOW WHY ?

Can anybody help - Esignal support just say tough luck and Omega Research were of no value !

I also have Advanced GET for TS2000i and this is also not picking up any data. This is a standalone application NOT integrated into esignal.

K Raggett
    Kevin Raggett
    Manchester
    England

I am facing the same problem too.

I have just started using eSignal. My old setup of IB + TS2000i + Hyperserver did work. But since an e-Signal plugin for TS2000i is available, I would like to give it a try.

My eSignal is working and I believe my TS2000i setup is also ok since I used to be able to download data from IB.... So I don't understand the root of this problem.

thx.

Comment

Kevin

For starters you may want to go through the Help Files of both TS2k and GlobalServer to understand how the program works and how these two components interact. It makes it otherwise very difficult to provide any help.

1. After installing TS2k and before installing the Plugin did you run the Setup Wizard to set GlobalServer for use with eSignal as the data feed?
      Also can you receive/plot any data in real time?

2. How did you determine that GlobalServer is picking up data from eSignal?

3. $BKX is probably a symbol that is in GlobalServer's Portfolio. Did you check what symbols are contained there? There is no data because you probably did not download any for that symbol.

- No data for the selected date range means that for the symbol/compression you have selected for the chart there is no data in GlobalServer (for example you could have downloaded 1 Day resolution but you are trying to create a 5 minute chart or you are asking for a date/time range for which you did not download data)

- As suggested above you may want to read first through the Help files to have a better idea as to how TradeStation and GlobalServer operate.

- eSignal has clearly stated that it provides support for TS2k/Plugin only in this forum (see this post).
      Alex

Comment

Richard

My eSignal is working and I believe my TS2000i setup is also ok since I used to be able to download data from IB.... So I don't understand the root of this problem

Did you run the Setup Wizard to set the GlobalServer to use eSignal as the data feed?
        Alex

Comment

Alex, I am downloading a lot of data - I believe that getting historical data was pro

Hi Alex,

Yep, I had not downloaded the historical data. I have posted another message about this.

It will probably take a very long time, but subsequent to this I am hoping that the intraday-updates will be quicker.

My questionsregarding speed are in the other post.

I have avery fast CPU and a lot of memory + broadband.

Problem is I am tracking about 50 Futures contracts which duplicate into 700 because of historical data.

Once downloaded I trust that these will no longer be updated.

When I bring a chart up in Ts2000i it wiull cause the GlobalServer to update the tick data forthat symbol automatically, yes ?

I think that is what will happen. I will know in about 3 years when this historical download completes...........

Thanks 4 your Alexis.

Kevin
          Kevin Raggett
          Manchester
          England

Comment

Kevin
            See my reply to your other post
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X