global server stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• global server stopped working

I am using ts2000i in windows xp professional . Today , for some reason when ts starts up i am getting error messages from global sever and it will not send any data to ts . I use Esignal with their plug in to get the data , Ts starts up ok , as does the data manage which seems ok and is green in color, but the global sever is getting errors when i try to download data from esignal. I have been using this for several months now with no problems prior. I did uninstall a non realated program last night , but i don't see how that would effect it. I do have windows 98 on my second hard drive and i was able to reboot from that drive and run TS and had no problems there, so i know it is not an internet issue. the error messages i am getting from global server are similar to this:

<D:\ordev\server\PDS|Pricedatastorage.cpp2304>PD S Error - PDS encounter a CTree error.(14)
    <D:\ordev\server\server\hist_bur.cpp:430>

I am running TS off my C drive not my D drive.

any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    tom
    Tom

Help - Global Server

Hi,

I just got the same error like you. al of a sudden my global server does not conecct anymore to e-signal. the rel-time status is "error" after global server run over 6 months without problems.

how did you solve the problem?

thanks
    ivo

Comment

Just in case it's relevant, any chance the issue could be related to the recent time change? Back in the day, whenever daylight savings occurred, we'd always get hit with calls from a number of TS users who needed to adjust their systems for the hour difference. No idea if that's the case here but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks.

Comment

error messages

Hi,

I had the same fatal error like this:

<D:\ordev\server\PDS|Pricedatastorage.cpp2304>PD S Error - PDS encounter a CTree error.(14)
        <D:\ordev\server\server\hist_bur.cpp:430>

I never had an error like this before, I have to recopy all the
        omega research folder from the second hard drive and at
        last it was all ok.
        It happens only with forex charts and the bid/ask ticks.
        I really hope that somebody can help us to resolve this bad
        problem,

Stefano M.

Comment

Stefano
          The message you are getting would indicate that GlobalServer's data files have been corrupted.
          You may want to run the procedure suggested in this post.
          FWIW a search on the internet also provided the message quoted below which adds a couple of steps.
          Hope this helps
          Alex

...What I did to solve the problem for me was to close the global server and charting, then reboot. Through windows explorer(right click start button and click explore) I went into the drive that has the Omega Research folder stored in it. So in my case I went into the c: drive then into the program files folder, then into the omega research folder, then into the server folder.
          Inside the server folder I deleted 3 files: GSQF.dat, GSQF.mst, and symswap.dat. Then inside the server folder I went into the pds folder and deleted all the files that end in .idx. I then went into the Windows folder and then into the Temp folder and deleted all files and folders in the windows\temp folder. I then rebooted. All of the files you deleted will automatically be rebuilt by opening the global server. the ones that were corrupted causing the c-tree error should be fixed and your global server should work fine. some of your data may come back some of it may not...."

Comment

Stefano
            Also, once you have restored GlobalServer you may want to read through the TS2k - Reducing data file size.mht document which is available here.
            Even though you may not need to reduce the size of your data files the procedure suggested in the document will still be beneficial as it defragments and compacts the database
            Alex

Comment

thanks Alexis,

I'll work to backup all my tradestation files,

so thanks and Bye

Stefano

Comment

Working...
              X