Moving Average Crossovers and ADX Signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Average Crossovers and ADX Signals

I am new to the formulas section of eSignal, although I have used eSignal and have traded for several years. Can anyone help with the following, which should be fairly simple for anyone familiar with Java Scripting?
    I would like to have "alerts" sound under the following very simple circumstances:
    1) When a 10 Moving Average crosses a 30 Moving Average; and 2) When +D crosses -D in a Directional Movement study.

Also, I just want the sound, or whatever alert, to occur ONE time...that is one time each time of the actual event, not CONTINUOUSLY, as was the case in one study forwarded to my attention.

Obviously, I am a novice at this eSignal formula building, but it certainly is a great tool, and I look forward to becoming proficient in the near future.

Oh, yes, one other request. I tried to "backtest" some of the eSignal formulae that were sent to me previously; however, I had no success at getting the test "results" to show anything but ZERO's. No real results...can you also make any suggestions regarding this request.

Thanks for any help or "direction pointing". I really look forward to working with this part of eSignal tools.

Sincerely,

Ron Marshall
    281-870-9085
    ron marshall

Ron this is the woodies cci board..we use cci only to trade sorry cannot help you there..try posting in another area

woodie

Comment

Working...
    X