Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodie CCI chart display with overlay

Alex,

a little off topic, but all to do with scaling, the reason I was excited about it was that I wanted to experiment with this CCI indicator.

I know a certain person wouldn't approve, but his CCI efs is a great indicator and I wanted to see if overlaying Rafter's Least Square Method, smoothing would make pattern recognition any easier.

Thanks again.

Paul.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pmurraymc; 08-26-2006, 07:22 AM.

Paul
    Glad to have been of help.
    As an aside you may want to try suggesting your idea to woodie's group as there may be some other users who have been experimenting with similar techniques
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

thanks for moving the post, could you possibly remove the word peculiarity from the title.

Thanks.

Paul.

Comment

Paul
        I changed the title of the thread and also moved it to Woodie's forum as that is a more appropriate location
        Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex.

Paul.

Comment

pmurraymc

pmurraymc how do you overlay the white line on woodies chart
            Thanks

Comment

Elmi,

once you have a study of a similar scale, to place one indicator on top of another drag the indicator while holding the shift key (control key to move without overlaying), to separate charts right click on top of indicator pane and select unmerge studies.

To get studies to have same scale, to quote Alex from original thread

"Once you have overlayed the studies right click the indicator window and select Edit Studies. Then for each overlayed study select the Scale Right radio button (or Scale Left if the scale is on the left). This should align all the studies in that indicator window to the same scale."

Paul.

Comment

Thanks allot. Do you have the link fot the white line (probably a MA) avail;able for me. If yes please post if not never mind and thanks again.

Comment

elmi,

I will be posting it on my fileshare in later this week, if you join it, you will be notified when that happens.

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...fs&groupid=860

Paul.

Comment

Thanks allot

Comment

Sorry for the delay in posting, but have been trying to track down the source of the original code, before I can post it.

Have done so now, will comment accordingly and post over the weekend.

Paul.

Comment

Hello,

the original for the code is in this thread

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=11809

The original was by Whizz, converted to efs2 by Alex.

and taking the advice from the thread, changed it from RSI to CCI, then removing all other lines from the chart to make an overlay.

Code posted at

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...fs&groupid=860

see instructions below for using as overlay.

This was just an experiment when I found out how to overlay indicators and get them to scale correctly.

Don't forget as Woodie says "Trade the damm patterns!!"

Paul Murray
                        Last edited by pmurraymc; 08-26-2006, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Overlay

Thank you for the sharing.

Sorry to be dense here but when I try to overlay the smoothed cci on to the bottom panel, the smoothed cci is not visible. I am able to see the display of the value of the smoothed cci, to the right, but not the line.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Hi,

unmerge the studies as described below, then move the CCI panel "over" the overlay as this actually places it under the overlay.

Let me know if this makes any sense and/or works for you.

Paul.

Comment

Aaaahaaaa.
                              I was trying to move the smoothed cci *to* the lower panel instead of moving the lower panel *to* the smoothed cci.
                              Thanks much for your reply.

Comment

Working...
                              X