woodie pivots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woodie pivots

has anyone made modifications to the "woodie pivots.efs" so that it correctly calculates the pivot, support & resistance values (the formula seems correct, but for some reason they're not accurate) and also stop the chart from compressing when the lines are displayed (when in auto scale mode)? Is there some way the pivot & support/resistance lines would appear in the chart field as price moves into the area of the lines? The pivot and support/resistance values are in the cursor window so its not really necessary to compress the chart so all the lines show on the chart; but it would be great to have them appear as price moves to the values (like the way trendlines from previous price action appear as price moves into the area of the trendline extension). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce,

Looks like there was a problem in the S3 and R3 calculations. These have been corrected. Please download them again for the update.

Regarding Auto-scaling, please turn on Chart Option --> Scaling --> Scale Price Data Only.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

woodie pivots

Jay, thank you for your response...your suggestion about scale price data only fixed the scaling issue. I downloaded the new efs and the values are still off from when I use woodies manual pivot calculator. Could there be an issue with the previous day's hi and lo or the current day's opening price? I'm not sure how the efs enters those values; if the formulas are correct, then that may be why the values differ. Again, thank you for your help.

Bruce

Comment

brucekammer,

hi

may be this efs work
        Attached Files
        sukh

Comment

Bruce,

What symbol(s) are you using this on? The Woodie_Pivots.efs uses the OHLC from the Daily chart. If the daily chart does not match the numbers you are using, then they won't match up. For instance, ES #F has it's Open value from 16:30, while ES #F=2 (Day-only symbol) uses the Open value from 9:30.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

woodie pivots

JayF, thank you for your reply to my post on 12-20-03. I apparently was using the wrong symbol on the ES (ES H4)...Using ES #F=2 did the trick. Would you please give me the correct day only symbols for AB and YM.

Aside from woodie pivots, can you tell me how to enter HEX formula colors in an efs script. I believe the color I want to use is A1,00,00 (that's what shows up in "my colors"). I understand how to enter basic colors, but not HEX formula.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Comment

Bruce
              There are no =2 (ie day only) equivalents for AB or YM.
              With regards to entering colors using hex values you can find this information in the EFS Help center and Library under +EFS Function Reference->Colors,Constants & Flags
              Hope this helps
              Alex

Comment

Alex, thanks for your reply. Since there is no day only symbol for AB & YM, is there someway the woodies pivot. efs could be modified to compensate for this?

Comment

In theory, yes, there is a way to do this. The downside is that the EFS coding would be quite involved. Essentially, the EFS would need to "look" for a new day to begin, and then look for the first bar of the time period specified. Once that bar is found the Open of that bar becomes the Open for the Pivots calculation. Then during the specified time period, the EFS will gather the Highest High and Lowest Low, and upon the last bar of the specified time period, the close could be gathered.

My best suggestion to get this done quickly would be to hire out an EFS Consultant to get this programmed for you. Alternatively, you could put it in the New Study Suggestions Forum, and hope that someone writes this pro bono.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                  X