X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions and Answers by Barbara

Barbara

Q: How can I edit the colors or bar thickness on the New Woodies Files
    A: The Only way to make changes is thru the Tools...EFS Editor...but be aware if you make a mistake the files may not work..not recommended.

Q: What exactly do I need to do to get the CCI and the Pivots and LSMA to look like Woodies.
    A: Go to to http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...r=&groupid=396 First must join the group..after that go to Main Folder...Find 2 Files
    BetaCCIalertsWoodie 1.efs and Woodies LSMA25 EMA34.efs..Download both into your Esignal Formulas Folder...Then right click on chart and find them in formula folder and add. This will give you the 2 panels ..one with the Candle prices with the LSMA/34E and Pivots...The second will give you the CCI panel with the 14/6 CCI and the price and pivot data..etc. There is a third file BetaCCIalerts 1-20cci.efs...This is the 20 period CCI and is used on DAILY charts only..Download same way.

Q: How many days of data is required for the pivots to work
    A: The minimum is 4 days ....5 days maybe better..but this will cause your charts to load slower when first starting up...

Q: Why don't my charts look like Woodie in the morning
    A: Woodie uses Day Time Sessions ...The Tick and Volume Charts(250V) can not be set up on a DAY timeplate...they are 24 hrs default by Esignal..So the pivots will not be correct until after the market opens
    To set up timplates..Right click on chart and and edit...either add a new one or edit the hrs for one already there..then be sure to add the one you want to the correct chart for pivots to work correctly.
    Last edited by woodie99; 07-15-2004, 02:11 PM.

EFS editing

hi maybe a follow up question:

could one of our fellow traders with efs experrience write up a short note on how the efs is constructed (i.e. you change the line thikness in line xxx of the efs etc.).
    All non-US users need to adapt their EFs to account for the different time zones. I have tried ding this but so far not successful (i.e. pivots do not work properly).

Or even better the solution would be the programme buttons in the main chart editing panel...

thnx for help.

Sino

Comment

I'm in the process (unofficially) of cleaning up the code (syntax wise, done now) and now cleaning up the code structurly as it is quite convoluted and disorganized. This 2nd step will take a little long then the first.
      Bernie Schoch (bpSchoch-MD)

Comment

Re: EFS editing

Originally posted by sinoks
        could one of our fellow traders with efs experrience write up a short note on how the efs is constructed (i.e. you change the line thikness in line xxx of the efs etc.).
        I put together this training video on the basics of EFS Studies. Keep in mind EFS is a pretty complex programming language, so the video certainly can't cover everything... but for those that are just getting started with Woodie's studies (and thus EFS files) it should prove invaluable. For more detailed information about EFS beyond the video, I'd suggest the EFS KnowledgeBase.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

symbols

The following symbols are used for esignal charts:

es #f .... emini s&p

ym #f ....mini dow

ab #f ....mini russell 2000

6e #f ... euro currency

zb #f .... 30 yr bond

hsi n4-hkf ....hang seng index july (july is n) change for each month

woodie
          Last edited by woodie99; 07-16-2004, 08:20 PM.

Comment

lsma info

LSMA = least squares moving average

the one used in the woodie trading panel is red when prices below and green when above..this is different than others that change according to slope

woodie

Comment

how to trade with the LSMA and ESMA

Hello,

I would like to use the LSMA and ESMA indicator.

Do you have for me the link where i can find the text how to use this ?

Thanks in forward and friendly greetings,

Guido

Comment

lsma

The lsma is a linear regression moving avg.sometimes its called linear regression curve..its a best fit..i use for prices above/below

The ema is just a moving average available in all charting packing
                To find out how i use lsma refer to the cci system document on my web site...

www.woodiescciclub.com

woodie

Comment

printing esignal charts

Q: How to save and print out your eSignal Charts

A: There are a few ways to save and print out your eSignal Charts. This is the way I do it. It reduces the toner needed and lightens the image to make it easier to read.

1. Open Microsoft Word with a blank document and select

2. File>Page Setup>

· Margins Tab Set Top, Bottom, Left, Right to “.3” (no quotes)

· Paper Size Tab Orientation Landscape

· Click OK

3. Select the eSignal chart your want to print by left clicking it once and Maximize it by clicking the little icon next to the Red-X icon (in the top right corner of the window).

4. Right Click the chart and select Send Image To>Clipboard

5. If you want to save it as a *.png file check the “save to local folder” box

6. Make sure “Save to Clipboard” has a check in it, and click okay (the window will disappear).

7. Go back to Microsoft Word and select Edit>Paste

8. Right click the chart image and select Format Picture

9. Change the Brightness from 50% to 60% and do the same with Contrast

10. Click the print icon button and you are done.

Cheers,

Gruesome

Comment

Working...
                  X