Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Broker Integration for EFS

All,

I have a built efs strategy that I would like to use but my current broker does not support efs. Which is the best Broker to use in order for me to take advantage efs?

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

In regards to brokers who have some EFS capabilities, you may want to read through some of the documents in the docs folder in the eSignal directory. CyberTrader and Interactive Brokers both have some EFS integration processes that users can take advantage of. Those are the two that I am aware of; if anyone else knows of others, please feel free to add to the thread. Thanks.

To access these documents, right click on the eSignal icon on the desktop and choose "Properties" and "Find Target". Open the Docs folder and the files are named CyberEFS and IBEFS respectively.

Comment

Automating EFS..

Duane is correct. There is support for some brokers directly thru eSignal - and you should look at those docs to see which ones meet your needs.

Additionally, there are extrenal tools that will assist in adding more brokers (for automated trading) to esignal. I suggest you check out...

DynaOrder - Dynaorder Web Site - supports IB, FXCM, REFCO and others.

HyperOrder - HyperOrder Web Site - supports many of the same as Dynaorder - but include MB trading and others.

MENT TS - efs-tools.com Web Site - supports IB, Sungard and Carlin. This is my project and is currently in a BETA stage.

There are a few others that execute strategies - like Ninjatrader (www.ninjatrader.com) others. You really need to figure out what types of orders are required for your system, then pick the best solution. I've used most of these and can tell you that all of them are very decent. It is just a matter of what you need and what will work best.

B
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

up-to-date info?

Hi,
        Can anybody please bring the info up-to-date?

It's 2006 and I bet things have changed.

E.g. there are no docs in the esignal\docs about third party.

Had a look at HyperOrder - and I am kind of concerned - the download refers to a forum that has last post in 2004.

Can anybody provide an up-to-date feedback on the 3rd party gateway/..
        he uses?

Thanks in advance

Comment

addition

dynaorder.. - even better,
          their site has a message:
          "account suspended".

Comment

Hello squark,

EFS has some Generic Broker Functions that will allow you to send trades from EFS to our Integrated Brokers. If you are looking for a complete auto-trading solution through EFS I would recommend NinjaTrader.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks

Thank you,