HELP HELP HELP - connecting to IB from fxcm.ef or any efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP HELP HELP - connecting to IB from fxcm.ef or any efs

hi - i had something working so i could press buttons on my EFS chart screen and place trades at ib - it seemed to work fine - it did use an EFS called FXCM.efs - i am not sure why it worked or how it worked - but it worked!

but since i re-build my esignal trying to fix / identify some bug in esignal - the "modified" efs and setup that i used was destroyed because of the wonderful esignal suggestion that the only way to fix that is to wipe out all of esignal files and registry entries and reinstall esignal (great programming methodology to fix bugs, by the way)

now i have been trying for weeks to get someone to help me from esignal or anywhere but no one seems to know how or want to help - i would like to believe that they exist (jason are you still alive?) and just have not gotten my request yet - it does not help when some censor at esignal deletes your post 'cause it "does not help the community" - well i am part of the community - duh?

but i am here sucking wind waiting for help with the famous esignal "open yet closed" development system trying to understand how i can do this

to me, if you have an interface to something, it seems only right that you should provide some examples on how to interface so i can pass type of order and quantity of order and anything else to the ib interface

does anyone have anything like that?

(mr. smith, if you delete this post i will know that you are from the matrix and i will get kenau after you)

Hi potye2,

I'm not sure from you post what you need. If it is only the EFS, then look at this thread (found via a simple seach on the EFS name).

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...light=FXCM.efs

If there is something else you are after, could you clarify?

Garth
    Garth

Comment

potye2,

This is your 1st post in almost 2 months, why are you so hysterical?

Comment

potye2,

For background to the others here, our understanding is that your previous FXCM.efs code passed lot sizes to IB. However, after re-downloading the formula, that no longer happens. Can you confirm? I've spoken with Jason on this and have been informed that the FXCM.efs written for FXCM, only passes the symbol and not the lot sizes.

It sounds like the previous code you had was tweaked to accomodate this action, can you confirm? Also, can you tell us what version of eSignal you're working with?

Please give as much detail here as to what your trying to accomplish and attach any code you may currently have to better help others here in responding.

Thanks,

Comment

hi steve andy tspiker and garth ONE REPLY TO ALL

thanks for noticing this - i thought that i would get notified when there was a reply so i did not see your replies till now

i am (almost - hehe) hysterical because i am so frustrated - esignal has been a bad boy crashing - so after totally cleaning out (3 times) all traces of esignal fomr hard drive and registry - it is no wonder that i lost something - something that i struggled helping a guy named teddy (from phil knight) develop and tweak for ib - i did not want it then - but now i have 10 million screens and find the only way to keep track of what i am doing is to push the buttons on the screens when i see the trades

but with the reconstituted system (7.7 stopped the crashing, by the way) i no longer have this thing or tweak in the system

anyway, as you surmise, it works fine with ib but i can not specify a quantity (as one of you mentioned) with ib

so if anyone can give me an ib sample (it is logical that if esignal has an ib plug-in, then esignal should provide some sort of sample in the doc [where is the doc, anyway?]

anyway, i would be so gratefull to anyone who could give me a start on what to change or where to look for sample or even a direction in which to go with this

ALSO btw - re the crashing of esignal - and, i ask you gentlemen because you all responed and are prolly smarter than me (hehe) - the ESIGNAL CRASH REPORT also crashes and always has crashed with the following message

.. well it does not past here so i will attach it

ya know, it is very funny that smart technical people at esignal are not at all interested in why this happens - i've told people about it - gave them the attached info (since february this has been hapening - not all the time but 3 or 4 times a week) - now esignal crashes on "send file to" sometimes and sometimes on saving layout or exiting esignal - much better than before

hey - why does not the delete key work in this post area? huh? - (is a unix guy behind this?)

anyway - i hope this answers your questions - again thank you for your interest
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello potye2,

Below is and EFS based on the FXCM.efs that will send Symbol and Quantity to TWS for IB. Try it out and let me know if this does what you need.

IB.efs
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

well thank you jason - you came thru again - also ...

... i would like you to take a look at what i said about esignal crashing in the previous post

it is a probmem and when it happens during the day, it is a serious problem

to whom can i direct this post to so that someone will help me fix the crashing crash report so someone in esignal development will be aware of it - IF THEY NOT AWARE OF IT, THEY WILL NEVER FIX IT

been trying to bring this to someone's attention at esignal for over 6 months - NO ONE SEEMS TO BE interested - i find this a very odd way to run a company like esignal

thanks again for your help :-)

Comment

How much disk space do you have? It says that it is unable to create the dump file...most common problems would be disk space limitations or permission problems.
                Garth

Comment

reply to Garth

hi Garth - i have 5 200 gb disks on my machine (actually c drive is scsi and slightly less) - but no disk has less than 100gb of available free space - still crashing

and - no response yet from esignal after sending them the log files - apparantly they are still not interested - too bad for me, i guess

Comment

reply to Jason - thanks and another question

hi jason - i am not sure that you received my6 email thanking you for your efforts - you seem to be one of the few people at esignal who knows more than boilerplate answers and can think for themselves (btw - what is your email?)

maybe you can spread some of your thinking around to some of the robots around there - good luck!

i have another question - is there any documentation on using the efs as i would like to do some variations with limit orders and finding out if orders got filled, etc - i can guess at what to do but this is costly and takes a great deal of time

actually one more question - in my original query (below) i mentioned the crashing "crashing report" - can you steer me to any other resource or place to post it to fix this - as many times the crash happens at a very inconveinent time and without some way to be able to report on it your technical guys will never fix it (maybe they have too much to do already and that is why no one is interested in fixing it - hehe) - i sent stuff to m ramops a long time ago but have not heard from him

actually - one more question on resource steering - sorry, but you are one of the intelligent and responsive people at esignal and probably like questions - my esignal charts after running for a few hours need to be tapped to get updated - like the other day i had a 100v chart of the russel up and it did not reflect a market move of 12 ticks until i tapped it with my mouse pointer - then all the bars filled in again and it began updating - this is not a good position if i am depending on esignal to let me know where the price is - also in connection with this, i noticed that if i restart esignal every two hours it does not happen - similar to tickreplay which goes EXTREMELY slow after one days worth of data goes thru it - to whom can i address this type of challenge - thanks again for your help

Comment

Hello potye2,

is there any documentation on using the efs as i would like to do some variations with limit orders and finding out if orders got filled, etc
                      We don't provide separate help documentation for each example EFS developed. Sometimes there may be some comments added to the EFS itself. Its always a good idea to open them up in the EFS Editor and take a look. In the IB.efs I put the other available order functions in the comments at the top of the file. You'll see buyLimit() and sellLimit(), for example. The parameters inside brackets (i.e. []) are optional parameters. To change the order type being sent by the IB.efs, change the order functions on lines 105 and 115.

in my original query (below) i mentioned the crashing "crashing report" - can you steer me to any other resource or place to post it to fix this
                      No there isn't. Any crash report gets sent to a common area that our development has access to. I'm sure they have received it and will investigate the problem. If the report points them to some flaw within the software that caused the crash, they will certainly address the problem. However, crash reports can also be generated by EFS routines coded by the client that they may not have control over. Can you tell me more about what you are doing at the time the crash report gets generated? Is there a specific event or action on your part that you can describe in detail for me so I can try to duplicate the problem on my end?

- my esignal charts after running for a few hours need to be tapped to get updated - like the other day i had a 100v chart of the russel up and it did not reflect a market move of 12 ticks until i tapped it with my mouse pointer - then all the bars filled in again and it began updating
                      I'll do some testing for this problem today. Are you using $RUT? Let me know if you're using something different. FYI, in case you weren't aware, the $RUT symbol only updates every 15 seconds. It won't update on every tick as you are expecting. Is this the source of the issue?
                      Jason K.
                      Project Manager
                      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                      EFS Glossary
                      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_JasonK View Post
                        Hello potye2,

Below is and EFS based on the FXCM.efs that will send Symbol and Quantity to TWS for IB. Try it out and let me know if this does what you need.

IB.efs
                        unable to download the file, please upload again

Comment

Working...
                        X