Esignal 7.7 & IB Plug In Major Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esignal 7.7 & IB Plug In Major Problem

I have been experiencing a major problem with Esignal 7.7 and the IB plugin interfacing with IB's TWS. I did not have this problem with Esignal 7.6 and am having to downgrade back to Esignal 7.6 so as to avoid it.

In Esignal 7.7, one cannot connect more than one interface or client to the TWS API connection as long as Esignal 7.7 is connected to IB's TWS. Here is what occurs:

Scenario 1: Boot up IB's TWS -- then next boot up Esignal 7.7. All will work fine and orders are able to be directed to IB thru the Esignal plug in. After booting up Esignal 7.7 and connecting it to IB's TWS thru the Esignal IB plugin, boot up any other client or interface like Hypertrader or another front end such as bracket trader that is connected ALONG WITH Esignal 7.7 to IB's TWS. You will get an error from IB TWS stipulating that there is a "Winsocket error and that IB's TWS can only allow 1 API connection (error 10068)".

Scenario 2: Boot up IB's TWS -- then next boot up another interface such as Hypertrader or Bracket-Trader and connect it to IB's TWS. Then, boot up Esignal 7.7 and connect to IB's TWS via the Esignal IB plugin. You will be able to see Advanced chart data but no quote data will come through and you will not be able to route orders to IB's TWS via the order entry front end in Esignal.

I have tested this on two different computers, both of which had the same outcome. There is a serious flaw somewhere. I have contacted tech support at both Esignal and IB. IB & Esignal are looking into it. I'd appreciate anyone's insights into how to solve this problem if someone knows something. Thanks and good trading.

Chief
    Last edited by Chief; 10-14-2004, 04:20 PM.

hi chiief - you are not alone

i share the exact same problem - it turns out that in 7.6 esignal allowed you so specify the client id but this does not seem to work in 7.7 - no one seems to know why or give any response other than the usual "well we are not doing that anymore" - even when they do not understand what i am talking about - hehe

i got some good help from jason on a similar issue in getting the ib interface to work under 7.7 - he is smart and great - if you can get his attention - but, unfortunately, one good man can not hold a whole technical support organization together

if you get this fixed - please let me know - the auto-email response to post answers does not seem to work anymore for me - my email is [email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X