Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrating an EFS system with IB

Hi all,

I am currently trying to integrate a daytrading EFS system designed for trading the Dow index futures Emini (YM). I am initially testing interation between EFS and Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation by using an example EFS file calledFXCM.EFS

When using a stock symbol suxh as MMM the buy and sell buttons work great, with the calls being made from esignal through the API to IB's TWS perfectly.

The problem I have is that when I try to use a futures contract for the YM (DEC04 expiry) under esignal the symbol for this actual furture is YM Z4, but I am unclear as to what should be used to interact with IB, when editing the symbology box under trade\Interactive Brokers\Symbology using YM as the root symbol, with the exchange setting to either SMART or ECBOT I constantly get an error when trying to place a trade under the banner of OBCIBDLL stating that their is a mismatch in symbol types.

Does anyone know what I should use to make a trade possible on thr YM?

Plase let me know, and thanks in advance

Hello tj.dale,

I think you just need to set up the IB Symbology for YM under Trade-->Interactive Brokers-->Symbology. I think IB is expecting just YM. See if that solves the problem.

Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Many thanks Jason, and apologies for the delay in responding. This has helped.

best regards

Comment

Working...
      X