Modify orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modify orders?

You said in a recent thread that you are working on some documentation for the IB functions so I apologize if I'm jumping the gun, but is it possible to modify an order once its placed? Also, is it possible to retrieve the status of the order?

It seems like there would be no way to truly automate trading unless you could do these two things. You need to know if/when your order fills at least.

Thanks.

Hello ebr,

The Generic Broker Functions should be used for sending trades to our integrated brokers. There are some additional functions for the Generic Broker, but there are some potential changes being made to how these work. Depending on how things go with the current development list for the 7.9 release, it's possible these could be included in that version. Otherwise, it will most likely be 8.0.

Once the new functionality is available, you will have the ability to cancel an order and place a new order. I'm not sure that we'll be able to modify an existing order. Yes, you will be able to check the status of an order and retrieve other info, such as fill price etc.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Just so I understand, the current functionality doesn't support cancelling, modifying or even knowing if the order was filled, but this functionality is in development for a future release - correct?

Do the current functions at least return something so that you know that the order was successfully placed?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello ebr,

Correct.

There isn't any info returned from the order functions listed in the EFS KB.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X