Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automated trading?

Hi,

I am new to ESignal and been using it as a source of data for my software.

I was wondering if it is possible to made efs scripts within ESignal that will trade automaticly. I mean that the script will decide on the trade and do it, without any human touch

if the answer is yes, can this be done with all the integrated traders, or just some of them?

thanks
    avishai

Hello avishai,

This type of EFS is possible depending on the specifics of the strategy. The coding requirements are very complex and are currently beyond the scope of what we can provide through the forums. If you are interested in having something developed for you, you will need to contact one of our EFS Consultants to discuss your specific needs.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason,

AM i right in saying that if you can get a third party developer to write an efs for a particular strategy, yiou can then use this to automatically trade with IB through the integrated trading? Can you have a number of different startegies all working at the same time?

David

Comment

Hello David,

That's correct. As for running multiple strategies at once, in theory this should be possible although I have not personally seen this scenario first hand. One problem you may run into is that the different strategies would need to communicate with each other or some common data to ensure that you have sufficient funds in your account for a trade before it gets placed. You'll have to check with the consultants to see if they have done anything like this before.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X