EFS interface to REDI Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS interface to REDI Plus

Is there a way to submit orders to Redi+ directly from one's custom EFS?

ziggy

Hello ziggy,

Have your tried the Generic Broker Functions?
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason ...thanks for the reply.

I am afraid I don't quite understand how these functions would work - I read through the 2 sample EFS (IB.efs and FXCM.efs) - a global variable (IBtrade and FXCMtrade respectively) are set to enable to button functions (call backs) to work - but what is happening behind the scene? in my efs, would I set and get a Global variable REDItrade? how does the EFS actually make an ActiveX or DDE connection to REDI? What facilitates the connection to REDI trading platform?

I would greatly appreciate any of your insights and advice on that...
      ziggy

Comment

Hello ziggy,

Those are control variables used to prevent the EFS from sending a trade when you apply the formula to a chart. You'll want to incorporate similar logic into your custom efs. Once you have your formula and chart set up, then you will change a parameter through Edit Studies or a button on the chart to enable your trading logic to execute trades. The two formula examples are not auto-trading examples, but just examples demonstrating one way to use them. You can use the Generic Broker functions directly inside your custom formula logic, just be sure to incorporate a control variable that allows you to manually turn the auto-trading on and off as needed.

The functions themselves are designed to use the plug-in connections that are created when you go the integration set up for the broker. Have you installed the Redi plug-in (see instructions)?
        Jason K.
        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason -
          Since as far as I understand it, the only way I can test this integration is during live market hours - so I need to make sure I understand the whole context.... the actual order execution will be controlled by a variable ... but from your reply, I don't understand where this "auto-trading" feature is from? Is that the default behavior?

To make a simple analogy, in my case, the functionality of sending an order to Redi would occur in the same circumstance, say, I invoke Alert.addToList - i.e., when a trade signal is generated, I'd call toRediTrade() and then Alert.addToList(). Does that make sense?

Thanks very much,

ziggy

Comment

Hello ziggy,

"Auto-trading" just refers to trading with an EFS file that is written to send trades to a broker (or the Paper Broker) automatically without user interaction. The Generic Broker Functions are the EFS functions used within the EFS code to submit the trades. They would be used similar to how you use the Alert.addToList() function as you described.

You can test a auto-trading study in the after-market hours by using the study with Tick Replay and the Paper Broker. To have the formula send the trades to the paper broker vs. Redi, go into the Trade menu, select Preferences and set the Paper Broker as the default broker.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
            EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason -
              I am actually trying to test this interface right now by trying to send out "bogus" orders to the mkt via redi - what I am finding is that if I click on the Buy or Sell buttons (as in IB.efs sample efs), the respective Buy and Sell Montages in Redi are popped up - prompting me to send the order manually in Redi - what switch/flag do I need to set to send the order directly to the mkt without going through REDI?

Thanks,

ziggy

Comment

Hello ziggy,

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do. When you submit a trade, from which ever method, the trade will go to the broker that is set as the default broker under Trade-->Preferences.

Jason K.
                Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason

I know that I can have auto-trading with Interactive Borkers. I also want to do auto-trading with MB trading, is it possible ? If yes, please tell me how. How to add MB Trading into the Integrated Trading Broker Dialog Box

Regards

Dung Nguyen

Comment

Hi Jason,
                    As you said, "the trade will go to the broker that is set as the default broker under Trade-->Preferences." I suppose the issues is what does it exactly mean by "go to the broker"? So far, I can have a trade from EFS "go to the broker" and on the Broker's platform (ie. REDI+), a prompt for a trade entry pops up. What I would like to do is having the trade "go to the broker" without prompting me for the trade entry on the REDI+ platform ... i.e., that trade will get submitted to the market directly , from EFS via Plug-in via RediPlus.

I hope I articulated the issue ... please let me know if that is not clear. Thanks again.

ziggy

Comment

anyone out there has any input to this thread? Appreciate any input .... ziggy

Comment

REDIPlus

Hi Ziggy,

Is this image the prompt you're referring to (it's the Redi order ticket that appears when eSignal sends Redi an order)?
                        If so, it sounds like you want to bypass the REDIPlus trading software and send the order directly to their trading system.
                        Is that correct?

Thanks in advance,

Brent
                        Integrated Trading Product Management
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brent,

Yes, and Yes!

Any idea on how I could accomplish this directly from EFS?

Thank you for posting your reply.

ziggy

Comment

Bypassing REDI's App

Hi Ziggy,

We'll need to review the API to determine whether they make that available via their desktop API.
                            I'll have our engineers look into it and let you know.

Thanks,

Brent
                            Integrated Trading Product Management

Comment

hi Brent -

Ok, if that is a matter of REDI's desktop API (their ActiveX API) then it shoud be doable by eSignal's engineers- I have written a VB app that calls their ActiveX and submit orders/query order status etc directly to/from the market .... but it is app that I run from Excel ... I could integrate EFS and Excel via DDE but frankly, I notice lengthy delays in DDE links between EFS and Excel when loading more than 15 symbols per session ...therefore, I am seeking a way to send order directly from EFS to Market via Redi.

Thanks and looking forward to your next reply.

ziggy

Comment

Working...
                              X