Problem Entering IB trades from Quote Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Entering IB trades from Quote Window

The eSignal FAQs say that I should be able to enter IB integrated trades by right clicking on a symbol in a quote window, but I do not see where to do so. All I see is a greyed-out selection for direct trading. I can select Integrated trading in an advanced chart but not in a quote or summary window.

Any ideas on how to do so?

Also I occasionally get an infinity sign as the price in IB. How do I prevent that from happening?

Thanks.

Hi buhrmaster,

The eSignal FAQ seems to be outdated.

In order to open the IB Order Entry from within the Quote Window, double-click the mouse in either the Bid and Ask fields for any particular symbol.

Please click here for a more complete and updated instructions about the IB integration.

About the infinity symbol, it seems that it happens only when the price set is a limit price. Not sure why, but I will try to find the reason.

Comment

ErnestoO-

Thanks for the link. I also found that double-clicking on last will bring up the box as well.

I know that the infinity sign problem has been around for a few years. AFAIK, I get it only with futures and only some times. If I could get a handle on what behavior causes it I can at least avoid doing that. Thanks for your help.

Comment

buhrmaster,

The infinity symbol problem happens only when setting up a limit order using whole numbers, like 28.00 instead of 28.01 or 1227.00 instead of 1227.50.

Have you experience the problem in a situation other than the one described above?

Comment

Any information/bug fixes regarding the infinity limit (round number only) issue would greatly help my situation. I only trade the YM's and must change the focused application to place an order.

Comment

ErnestoO-

Thanks for the response. What you describe is what happens to me. Since I trade e-Minis, one quarter of the prices are going to at the even tick, so I can't really use integrated trading at this time.

Does eSignal have plans to fix this bug? I know it has been around for at least a year but I would really like to use the integrated trading feature.

Thanks.

Comment

Still no news on the bug fix from anyone I've tried to contact.. if this has been a problem for over a year I'm guessing no one wants to fix this?

Comment

di0de,

The request for a fix is in a priority list but because of the bug, it is not just a simple fix. The person familiar with the coding will be back in two weeks. I will inquire with him how long it will take to correct that bug or if there will be a new program created and when.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Thanks for the update ErnestoO. I just wanted to know someone was working on the issue. Please let me know when anymore info becomes available.

Comment

ErnestoO, any news from the programmer?

Comment

Checking on status of bug fix..

Comment

Bump

Any ideas yet?

Comment

Working...
                        X