OPtionsXpress plugin doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPtionsXpress plugin doesn't work

The esignal integrated trading plugin for OptionsXpress does not work, if you try to log on the OX server sends a message to esignal saying that the "GetOxSession has been disabled, please use GetOxSessionWithSource".

I have documented this and notified both esignal and OX over the last 10 days and no one is fixing this.

I have been having the same problem for months. The last time I submitted a request for tech support was in June. I have not gotten any response except for the standard auto response e-mail. Hopefully, now that other people have the same problem, someone will find a solution.
    Later,
    drd1

Comment

Interesting

Please email the problem report to the OX tech guy at:
      [email protected]

They are supposed to be working on it with esignal.

OX told me I'm the first person to ever report it, obviously they don't track their reports.

I have decided to find a new broker over this, one that has the best functioning plug in with esignal, now I need help figuring out which broker that is.

Comment

partially fixed

Options Xpress emailed me a replacement dll file that resolved the GetOxSession error, however it still doesn't get my order information or position information to fill the integrated trading window. It only fills the balance information. I let them know there is still a problem. As it turns out the remaining lack of functionality if only due to esignal. This is what optionsxpress figured out:

"As the trading link with eSignal was designed (by eSignal, using our XML-based API), the only function that is available is to place orders. They did not build the return fill messages, customer positions, etc., even though we make this functionality available to them."

So, apparently not all integrated trading partners are treated alike, some brokers have very robust esignal plug ins thanks to esignal, but optionsxpress got the short end of the stick. I can only hope that esignal will fully implement the xml-based api provided to them by optionsxpress in the near future.
        Last edited by BillW; 08-09-2005, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I have contacted OX as well since I am getting the same message with the plugin installed. If I get any answers I'll post them.

Comment

After a few emails back and forth with Manuel of OX he basically told me it was an Esignal problem and I should contact them. I've contacted Esig and we will see what happens.

Comment

optionsXpress Interface

Hi twthorton, BillW,

Thanks for your posts. I've attached a link to the necessary files and setup instructions for our trading interface with optionsXpress, http://pmd.esignal.com/ox

Bill,
              This may be the dll that OX provided you earlier.
              The reason it doesn't show order and position information in eSignal is because OX supports it in their interface.
              We're working to minimize duplicating existing software and functionality, and instead are working to provide that information in other formats. One way we are looking to provide visual and interactive access to account information is in the charts. We still have a lot of legwork to do in this area, but feel that the development time would be better spent creating a more useful way to see pending orders and fills, change/cancel, etc., than re-creating and supporting the spreadsheet/matrix layout provided in OX's GUI.
              PM me if you have any ideas or suggestions for that!

Thanks,

Brent
              Integrated Trading Product Management
              Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 09-13-2005, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Brent -

thankyou - I was able to get OX to work within Esignal finally. I haven't actually traded with OX yet but it appears to be funtional and I'm not getting the error message anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X