Oanda Connection Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oanda Connection Problems

I have installed the latest version (791) and the Oanda bridge. I have setup my login credentials for Oanda and when I try to connect I get the following error:

Blocked
    Error: SessionErrorException

This just repeats over and over and over as it tries to connect.

I'm on my trial run for this month, and if I can't get this to work, I'll have to reconsider using eSignal. This was the reason why I wanted to switch to eSignal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mr. T

Oanda Trading

Hi Mr. Trend,

Would you send me a PM with your eSignal username so I can look into this on our end?

Thanks,

Brent
    Integrated Trading Product Management

Comment

Re: Oanda Trading

Originally posted by eSignal_Brent
      Hi Mr. Trend,

Would you send me a PM with your eSignal username so I can look into this on our end?

Thanks,

Brent
      Hi... I sent you a PM...

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I'm gettting the same error message.

eSignal 8.0 build 779
        Oanda Bridge 1.2.390.1144

Is there a general problem?

Thanks
        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by piux
          Hello,

I'm gettting the same error message.

eSignal 8.0 build 779
          Oanda Bridge 1.2.390.1144

Is there a general problem?

Thanks
          Peter
          Hi Peter,

You need to call Oanda and tell them that you are an eSignal customer. What is happening is that Oanda is not granting you the right to use the API on their end. Joe (customer support guy) from eSignal told me this is now a known issue.

Comment

Hi Mr Trend,

thx for your help. I've contacted Oanda but it seems they don't like the eSignal integration and would like to ignore it at all.

They told me I have to subscribe to Oanda API to use it with eSignal, but I'm not sure if I should pay $ 600 per month for it.

Is it well working for you?

Comment

Enabling Your Oanda Account for API Access

Hi Piux, Mr. Trend,

Oanda has begun also accepting instructions to enable accounts for API access by email. Clients can send their instructions to:
              "[email protected]"
              We'll be updating our Knowledge Base article to include this.

Also, Piux,
              Would you please clarify the cost you referred to below regarding Oanda's API? I'm asking because the integration between eSignal and Oanda only requires an eSignal subscription and an Oanda account (either a simulated "game" account, or an actual funded account).

Thank you again for your posts,

Brent
              Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 06-12-2006, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Hi Brent,

Oanda support answered: "...our API access is a paid service, and its availability is unrelated to the underlying compatibility issue with eSignal."

You can find the pricing on:
                http://fxtrade.oanda.com/fxtrade/api/index.shtml

"OANDA will charge a license fee of USD $600 for the Library, after which the customer is entitled to two free months of use. Monthly fees of USD $600 will commence following this two month period, discounted by USD $50 for each USD $1M in trading volume generated on the account. Note that a monthly volume of USD $12M would entitle the customer to free API use."

Thanks for your support
                Peter

Comment

Oanda API Questions

Hi Peter,

Thank you the link - after reviewing the page, I think I’ve cleared it up!
                  The code we wrote (the “trading plugin”) was done by following their technical instructions on how to connect to their systems, send orders, receive account information, etc. – those instructions are called the “FXTrade API” (you can see some examples in the “Versions” section by clicking on “Docs”).
                  Once the code is written, an account needs to be “API enabled” so it can be accessed via the code – or in our case, the trading plugin.

If you have any additional questions about the trading plugin, please let me know - and thanks for your patience!

Brent
                  Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 06-13-2006, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Re: Oanda API Questions

Originally posted by eSignal_Brent
                    Hi Peter,

Thank you the link - after reviewing the page, I think I’ve cleared it up!
                    The code we wrote (the “trading plugin”) was done by following their technical instructions on how to connect to their systems, send orders, receive account information, etc. – those instructions are called the “FXTrade API” (you can see some examples in the “Versions” section by clicking on “Docs”).
                    Once the code is written, an account needs to be “API enabled” so it can be accessed via the code – or in our case, the trading plugin.

If you have any additional questions about the trading plugin, please let me know - and thanks for your patience!

Brent
                    Will we be charged 600 a month by Oanda for using the API through eSignal?

Comment

Oanda

Hi Mr. Trend,

No, you won't be charged any fee for accessing your Oanda account via eSignal.

$600/mo is what Oanda charges someone (like eSignal) to obtain the technical documentation (ie, "API") that explains how to write a trading plugin that links eSignal to Oanda.
                      Once the plugin has been created, there's no fee to use it to access your account. All you need to do is instruct Oanda to enable your account so it can be access via the plugin (ie, "API enabled").

Hope that clears it up

Thanks,

Brent
                      Integrated Trading Product Development

Comment

Enabling API Access

Hi Brent,

I've got an answer of Oanda today:

"To verify your account information for API access, please have eSignal contact us directly at [email protected]."

Could you help me again? I think you need some additional information of my account?

Thanks,
                        Peter

Comment

Oanda API Enablement

Hi Peter,

I just forwarded your request to them. Thanks for your patience.

Brent

Comment

Working...
                          X