VisionTrader/IB start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VisionTrader/IB start up

I haven't been able to connect to IB once I start VT.

Yes, my port configuration is correct and I accept socket clients.

The problem begins when I format broker: it starts a second session of TWS (why doesn't it detect an already running copy?). I then noticed I had selected to start TWS so I deselected that and . . . nothing happened, still disconnected.

I was able to get the PatSystems demo at one time but am unable to get a connection now.

strange I am using it , with my account, in this moment (as you have noticed,if you uncheck here, it doesn't starts the second session )

What i was surprised to see it that you cannot send an order to no-volume tick

what I mean is that if on ES there is a spread you cannot use that price
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fra; 07-17-2006, 10:16 AM.
    Sostieni il Meglio di te , aiutaci a fare di più!

Fra

Comment

Fra-

Are you logged into a live account or a demo account. I was trying to access a live account. Thanks.

Comment

Fra-

I just started VT again and it is running fine on my live account. Before, which was pre-open, it was hung up at startup, but now it was instantaneous.

Comment

Originally posted by buhrmaster
          Fra-

Are you logged into a live account or a demo account. I was trying to access a live account. Thanks.
          Yes , live account

Originally posted by buhrmaster
          Fra-

I just started VT again and it is running fine on my live account. Before, which was pre-open, it was hung up at startup, but now it was instantaneous.
          ok, nice !!
          Sostieni il Meglio di te , aiutaci a fare di più!

Fra

Comment

VT & TWS

Hi buhrmaster,

Please excuse the delayed response - glad to hear it's operating for you!
            For anyone who's experiencing difficulties in connecting to IB, attached is the link to the video demonstrating how to configure:

If you have TWS running and start VT w/IB configured as broker, you should be immeadiately be prompted by TWS with the "Accept incoming connection attempt?" dialog (see attached image).

Alternatively, if you switch to IB from an open session, you may need to either select "Connect" (in the TradeManager, either click the "Connect" button, or right-click and select "Connect" from the floating menu).

Let me know if that works!

Brent
            VisionTrader Product Management
            Attached Files
            Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 07-17-2006, 12:06 PM.

Comment

same problem with IB logon

Hi,
              I'm having the same problem outlined below. I am using my paper trading account with IB. I start up VT and then the Esignal data manager starts up which is something else I didn't know I needed until I tried to install VT. Anyway, both start up and if TWS is running, it just sits there. I try and hit the connect button button and nothing happens and I don't get any errors. I do have the software config setup correctly. I also have Quote traker running and am running Zonealarm (if that makes a difference).
              Any thoughts or how I might get an error ? Also, the broker configuration by default starts TWS so it prompts me to start up a TWS session even when there is one running already. I don't get any message saying I have one running. Lastly, I tried using my paper trading account as well as the demo version (userid and PW) with no difference in results..
              Thanks !!

Comment

meta-

I tried to start VT with Medved running and was not able to get a connection to IB. However, after closing Medved VT got access to IB.

I am running Zone Alarm also and don't have a problem. Obviously since you have QT running you aren't blocking the port VT needs.

I don't remember running 2 apps simultaneously through the IB API. I don't know if it's possible.

See below for how to prevent VT from starting a new TWS session.

Comment

QT shut down VT starts right up

Hey Buhrmaster,
                  I shut down Quotetracker and the app came up fine. The only thing I did notice was that I had TWS already open and it did prompt me to login. I just closed the box and it connected after about 30 seconds so it looks fine now. I'm eager to tryout VT.
                  Will I not be able to use QT with VT going forward ? Can you explain briefly why it creates a problem ?

Thanks very much !

Comment

VisionTrader & TWS

Hi Metaphoric,

Thanks for using VisionTrader, and posting your thoughts on this forum. We appreciate your time and comments!
                    We clarified the online setup instructions, and are improving the initial connection process w/TWS.

Buhrmaster thank you for your assistance. As you reported, in tests, we were unable to successfully connect two independent connections through TWS.

We're working on producing a build each week and making it available on Monday - so for the time being, uncheck "Start TWS" in format broker and use the "Connect" button to establish connectivity w/TWS.

Once connected, are you finding VT iimproves your ability to enter and manage trades?

Thanks,

Brent
                    Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 08-20-2006, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Another Question re. order defaults

I have another question.. I did look at the videos and looked through the messages on this board but didn't see what I needed to find.
                      I tried to set the Take profits field in the format order default for stocks to ".10" ten cents and it wouldn't allow me to put anything less than '1' as a value in the field. Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks again !!

Comment

Take Profit

Hi Metaphoric,

The "points" distance is the minimum increment, so entering "10" for equites will equal 10 cents
                        (Note: Changed to "ticks" in build 580).
                        We're continuing testing multiple connections, and will update you if we find a solution.

Thanks,

Brent

[email protected]
                        Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 08-20-2006, 06:43 AM.

Comment

TY

Brent,

Thanks for the information. That seems logical. I probably should have just tried it with the testing account but I'm interested to see how it would perform in conjunction with multiple tools and configurations.

Thanks again !!

Comment

"You are not entitled to run the application"

I have got this message after installing and starting the VT.
                            What`S the problem?

Comment

Simultaneous TWS Access

Hi Bügeleisen,

Thank you for making the report - we're changing the authentication logic in the next release to resolve that.
                              Please follow the steps below (once only) and you can launch VT from its desktop icon thereafter.

On another topic, we determined how to access an IB account simultaneously with two independent applications!
                              Just like VT, any application integrated with TWS has a "Client ID", most default to "0". If you change this to "1" in your other application, both will be able to access TWS simultaneously.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, comments or suggestions. Your feedback is much appreciated!

To bypass the "check entitlements" dialog (do this once only):

1. Click the Windows "Start" button

2. Select "All Programs"

3. Select "eSignal"

4. Select "Data Manager"

Thanks,

Brent
                              Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 07-31-2006, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X