VisionTrader/IB start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brent-

I would like to run VT with IB TWS on another machine (not my eSignal machine) but if I do so I will have two instances of DM open, which will probably conflict.

First, will there be a conflict?

Second, if so, can I get a separate DM login for VT purposes?

Thanks.

Comment

VT on Second PC

Hi Buhrmaster,

Yes, you can register as a new user, which will create a second, different username from your eSignal one that you can use to run VisionTrader on a second PC.

Brent
      VisionTrader Product Management

[email protected]

Comment

Hi,

could anybody tell me how long it takes until i get the Email with the conformation of the Registration.

thanks
        John

Comment

Re: VT on Second PC

Originally posted by eSignal_Brent
          Hi Buhrmaster,

Yes, you can register as a new user, which will create a second, different username from your eSignal one that you can use to run VisionTrader on a second PC.

Brent

[email protected]
          Hi Brent-

I got a second user/pass for use just with VT and even downloaded the standalone DM (is this necessary?). I received the confirmation email with the new user/pass, entered it into DM, but don't get a connection. I then started VT but it is hung at "checking entitlements."

Please advise.

Comment

VT Registration

Hi Buhrmaster,

Thank you the update. I'll have registration instructions posted shortly to expedite the process for all users - I appreciate your comments!
            I'll send you a PM so we can get you started shortly.

Thanks,

Brent

[email protected]
            Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 08-20-2006, 06:26 AM.

Comment

When I click on the link for build 588 and install it, the about box says that VT is build 586. Is the link wrong or is the about box wrong?

Comment

since the question wasn't answered earlier i'll re-post it...

Must the data manager for esignal be installed and running to operate vision trader? Even if u are connected to IB feed? i was finally able to install and open VT after many attempts.. wont be able to connect to IB til sunday tho..

thanks,
                jim

Comment

Data Manager

Hi Mudcat11,

Thank you for re-posting the question, yes, the DataManager (or "DM") is required to run QuoteTrader.

The primary reasons are that we've found the DM to be the most reliable way to provide consistent support to our customers, and the best way to grow our desktop products.

One can continue using QuoteTrader, despite IB's weekend policies, by selecting another data provider. For example, we've included Patsystem's simulated data in QuoteTrader, and also have integrated GAIN Capital, which offers simulated Forex trading.
                  This may be particularly helpful by entering simulated trades, getting executions, and trying the recently added "Performance Report". This new addition can be accessed by right-clicking and selecting "Performance Report" from the floating menu.
                  We'll be adding documentation on Performance Reporting shortly

As this is a pre-release, the comments, suggestions and feedback from clients will influence QuoteTrader's future development, such as on which brokers to support, or what functionality to add.

Thank you again for using QuoteTrader and providing feedback,

Brent
                  [email protected]
                  http://www.esignal.com/Quotetrader
                  Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 12-20-2006, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Re: VT Registration

Originally posted by eSignal_Brent
                    Hi Buhrmaster,

Thank you the update. I'll have registration instructions posted shortly to expedite the process for all users - I appreciate your comments!
                    I'll send you a PM so we can get you started shortly.

Thanks,

Brent

[email protected]
                    I never did get those instructions.

I also tried the new build and it immediately generates errors on startup. I never have been able to use this thing. I can't even find the menu item anymore for setting up IB configuration.
                    Last edited by Miami; 09-21-2006, 04:09 PM.

Comment

VisionTrader

Hi Miami,

We updated the registration instructions on the website for new clients and existing eSignal subscribers earlier in the summer.
                      It sounds like you've already successfully registered, but send me a PM if you haven't and we'll promptly get you started.

To select IB, once you've launched VisionTrader, right click in the DOM, chose "Select Broker", and chose "InteractiveBrokers" from the drop down menu.

As the product is in beta, we'd very much appreciate your specific feedback on issues you encounter (as well as enhancements you'd like to see implemented).

All feedback sent directly to
                      [email protected]
                      is reviewed and prioritized with existing deliverables in the development queue.

Your feedback is much appreciated,

Brent
                      [email protected]

Comment

As I said I've never been able to get this to work.

<<ASSERT>>
                        Count: 0x00000003 ( 3 )
                        Description: VT_BSTR == recordidv.vt
                        File: .\TopicRequestImpl.cpp
                        Function: TopicRequestImpl::OnRequest
                        Line: 0x00000112 ( 274 )
                        Module: C:\Program Files\eSignal\VisionTrader\vtrader.exe
                        Thread ID: 0x000003FC ( 1020 )
                        Time: 21.09.2006 - 16.02.26.625

This is the message I get on startup, then all I see is a waiting for data message . . . .

I tried changing IB client ID from 0 to 100 in case there was a conflict -- same result.

I tried an early build and at least I was able to connect to IB and see the DOM but it was too buggy then to trust.

Comment

VisionTrader

Hi buhrmaster,

Thank you for the specific comment.
                          The log you posted, is partial information used to identify specific software conflict causes.
                          At the bottom of the dialog box, select "Send" to email details to [email protected] .
                          Once received, that information will assist in our implementing a resolution - likely in about a week.
                          Your participation in this beta test is helping direct the product's development, and those reports have been expediting the process significantly.

In the meantime, build 626 has been undergoing internal testing, and has improved stability.
                          If you're interested in reviewing it, it's available here:

We'll have this, or a slightly newer build released to general beta in about a week.

Thanks again,

Brent

[email protected]

Comment

I haven't tried VT yet but from looking at your website, I hope there are some things about it that I can turn off:

1. I don't want to see the bid / ask size
                            2. I don't want to see volume at price

These pieces of information are superfluous to me and frankly, make the screen look cluttered and distracting. I enter and exit the market (in my case, the ER2) based on my charts and indicators and that has nothing to do with real-time bid/ask/volume sizes.

All of the other things you're doing look great.

Are there any plans to create a DLL interface to VT so that EFS code could send brokerage orders?

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

VisionTrader

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your comments.
                              VisionTrader, the interfaces to brokers, and the underlying re-engineered
                              trading logic, is planned to be integrated with eSignal, probably
                              in version 8.2.

How EFS is modified to take advantage of the new logic, data
                              (like order ids) and GUI, will be worked out by engineering as
                              they get closer to sizing and scheduling the integration.

As an existing eSignal user, you can install the VisionTrader beta
                              on your PC, launch eSignal, and have access to the new trading
                              plugins (click "Trade" on the main menu).
                              This will give you an "sneak peak" of the new, early trading beta
                              development we're implementing.

Here are two email addresses to use that will ensure the
                              appropriate resources are aware of additional comments,
                              suggestions, etc.:

1. Trading: [email protected]

2. eSignal / EFS: [email protected]

Thanks again,

Brent
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X