TD AMERITRADE Integrated Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD AMERITRADE Integrated Trading

The trading integration between eSignal and TD AMERITRADE is now available for pre-release testing!.

The integration can be downloaded and installed quickly, allowing eSignal customers to log into their TD AMERITRADE account, send/modify orders, and view balances, positions and trades.

The purpose of the testing period is to receive customer feedback in parallel with the final stages of development.
    Participants will be able to provide feedback on the existing and future functionality.

If you're an eSignal subscriber and TD AMERITRADE client with an active, funded account and are interested in participating in this exciting pre-release effort, or would just like more information, please access the necessary instructions and files here: http://pmd.esignal.com/amtd, or email Trading Services (put "TD Ameritrade" in the subject field).

Thanks,

Brent
    Integrated Trading Product Management
    [email protected]
    Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 11-26-2007, 08:12 AM.

TD Amertrade

Hi Brent

Looking for more info on On Line Trading with TD Amertrade.

Right now I can not open anything once I select "Trade."

Thanks
    bptkid1

Comment

Configuring TD AMERITRADE

Hi Bptkid1,

Per my email, once you've installed eSignal and the TD AMERITRADE trading plugin:

1. Launch eSignal

2. From eSignal's main menu, select "Trade" (see attached image)

3. From the drop down, select "Preferences" to open the "Trade Preferences" window.

4. The top section is titled "Integrated Trading".
      Find and select "TD Ameritrade,"
      Click the button that says "Make Default".

5. At the bottom of Trade Preferences, make sure the "Default Trade Button Action" is set to "Integrated".

6. Click the "Close" button.

There's additional images located with the instructions, let me know the outcome or if you need additional assistence!

Thanks,

Brent
      Trading Integration Product Management
      [email protected]
      Attached Files
      Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 10-09-2006, 11:04 AM.

Comment

No Dice. I can't short sell.

I can't short sell with my Ameritrade account!!!! (I'm a new user on my 30 day trial.)

I tried to short sell today and I kept getting messages in my Ameritrade IntegratedTrading window something like this:

"Failed placing order # Sell 100 XYZ, expires: Day Order, routing: auto: Please check your portfolio and/or open orders. Your sell order is greater than the quantity in your account."
        This is from an order ticket attached to a chart. The button is set up to "short" and, in fact, says "Short 1000 Market".

For some reason, eSignal is sending sell orders to Ameritrade instead of "sell short" orders.

I called today for help, but the tech had no clue. Can anyone help???

Thanks.

Also, why can't I set trailing stops???

Comment

Hi, FloridaDude.

Thank you very much for your post.
          Issue with Short orders will be resolved in December build.
          Currently we're checking issue with Trailing Stop orders. Will let you know what we find.

Comment

TrailingStop orders will also be fixed in December release.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

When will the December build be released. I don't see any reason to pay this month and next month for software that doesn't do what it should.

Should I just cancel my trial and wait for Ameritrade functionality??

Oh, yeah...I don't know if you know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway:

How do I use my Ameritrade data feeds (NYSE, Nasdaq Level I & II) in eSignal?

Under "File > Preferences > Connection" I see all the addresses for the streaming servers, but what addresses do I enter to use my Ameritrade feeds???

Thanks again!

Comment

New build is scheduled on 17 December, however i may provide you with the fixed AMTD plugin so you woudn't need to wait whole month.

As to the using AMTD data from eSignal i'm not sure this is possible at all. AFAIK eSignal uses its own data feed. You may want to look at QuoteTrader that supports this functionality but it's not so feature reach as eSignal.

Comment

Originally posted by amol
                  New build is scheduled on 17 December, however i may provide you with the fixed AMTD plugin so you woudn't need to wait whole month.
                  That'd be great. Keep me informed.

Comment

Just download and install QuoteTrader as eSignal and QuoteTrader both using the same set of plugins.

It includes the fixes in AMTD plugin. However there are still issues with modifying "Trailing Stop" orders that will be resolved on the next week.

Comment

Originally posted by amol
                      Just download and install QuoteTrader as eSignal and QuoteTrader both using the same set of plugins.

It includes the fixes in AMTD plugin. However there are still issues with modifying "Trailing Stop" orders that will be resolved on the next week.
                      So, downloading and installing QuoteTrader will automatically fix eSignal without my doing anything else?

Comment

Right. QuoteTrader will install the latest plugin version.

Comment

Okay I did some trading today. I took a short an a long and both were filled just fine.

One huge problem (at least for me):

There's no "Trade history" tab or "Summary" tab, and no "Profit/Loss" columns anywhere!
                          I like how on the "paper trade" broker window you can see your trades profit in real time, turning red or green. Why can't I have this for ameritrade?

Also, I unchecked the box for trade comfirmation, but I still get a confirmation window.

Anyway, that's all the complaining I have for now.

Comment

Another problem...

If I make a "Cover stop" button, it does nothing when pressed. A sell stop works just fine.

Should I just switch to Interactive Brokers? lol Am I the only person using Ameritrade?

Comment

We've failed to reproduce the problem. I've sent you a private message to set up a remote connection.

Comment

Working...
                              X