FX Integrated Trading with IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX Integrated Trading with IB

Is is possible to send trade requests to IB from EFS routines to trade FX - if so what do I put in the Symbology table for Exchange and Expiry ? When I have tried this I get the error message requesting expiry date etc. Do I need to refer to IDEALPRO (IB's own terminology ?)

Has anyone successfully managed to do this with say EUR A0-FX ?

Thanks,

IB & FX Trading

Hi Snapper,

Thank you for your post.
    We've recently re-engineered out interface with Interactive Brokers, and you can obtain the most recent version here:
    http://pmd.esignal.com/ib

Once installed, you can pre-set order settings (routing, tif, order type, etc.) for specific asset classes (ie, futures, stocks, etc.), or symbols, that correspond to the ones used by IB.

Send me an email ([email protected]) if you'd like a brief online demonstration.

Thanks,

Brent
    Integrated Trading Product Management
    [email protected]

Comment

I'm having the same problem and have been unable to send a trade to IB from an EFS using any of the currency symbols: EUR A0-FX.

I submitted several posts in the past inquiring as to the correct symbology for EUR A0-FX, GBP A0-FX etc.

The most recent thread is:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=19433

I tried updating the broker plugin as described and received another message documented in the thread.

If anyone has gotten this to work I would appreciate them posting how that was accomplished.

Additionally, EUR A0-FX is the symbol for the GTIS consolidated feed whereas EUR@FXCM A0-FX is broker specific.

If using IB as an execution broker is it possible to access IB's specific quotes?

Thanks very much...
      Glen Demarco
      [email protected]

Comment

IB & FX

Hi Glen,

Thank you for your post.
        If TWS is launched first, then eSignal (or QuoteTrader), do you still receive that TWS error message?
        If so, send me an email, and let's schedule a few minutes at your convenience to go through your configuration.

Thank you in advance,

Brent

Comment

Yes I do get the following error when I start TWS first:

fatal error: one of the jar files is missing from the classpath:

jfreechart-1.0.0.jar
          jcommom-1.0.0-rc1.jar
          Glen Demarco
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by demarcog
            Yes I do get the following error when I start TWS first
            If you're available for a brief webex session tomorrow, let me know a convenient time. I'd very much like to see the sequence of events and prompts.

Thanks,

Brent
            [email protected]

Comment

Brent,

Sorry I missed this yesterday. I'm available all day today.

BTW, on one system I'm running I have two seperate IB broker definitions dating back to when I installed an earlier Plug-In which may be causing a problem on that system.

I did however, solve the "missing jar file" error messages, that apparently occurs when the check box for automatically connect to TWS is checked (the default).

I'm able to connect to the active TWS session port on both systems but unable to send a trade.

I did also see another problem on yet a third system that I use which sent a trade to TWS but for the currency future contract even though I used the GBP A0-FX symbol.
              Glen Demarco
              [email protected]

Comment

Brent,

It's working like a charm for GBP and EUR.

The problem was entirely on my end, the actual IB installation and implementation was perfect.

When I viewed the first document pmd.esignal.con/ib/ I though that was the "Setup Instructions" as indicated by the title heading (line 2).

Didn't catch at first that is was actually a link to the another setup instruction, my bad.....haste makes waste ...

You may want to combine those documents.

Thanks very much Glen.

BTW, Is there anyway to remove the older IB option from the Trade Option as it is a bit confusing?
                Glen Demarco
                [email protected]

Comment

demarcog,

According to your posts, I think you are using eSingal's IB plug-in and EFS to trade your real or demo TWS account (not the paper account in eSignal). Am I correct? I wish I can create a buy and sell buttons on the charts using EFS and whenever I click one of them, a buy/sell order is sent to IB TWS and got exectuted while at the same time a protective stop market sell/buy order is sent to TWS with the stop limit price calculated according to the price patterns when I click the buy/sell button. ( For example, the previous 5 minute high/low price as the stop price). According to your experience, is it doable using the current IB integration release on pmd.esignal.com/ib ?

Best Regards,
                  Clearpicks

Originally posted by demarcog
                  Brent,

It's working like a charm for GBP and EUR.

The problem was entirely on my end, the actual IB installation and implementation was perfect.

When I viewed the first document pmd.esignal.con/ib/ I though that was the "Setup Instructions" as indicated by the title heading (line 2).

Didn't catch at first that is was actually a link to the another setup instruction, my bad.....haste makes waste ...

You may want to combine those documents.

Thanks very much Glen.

BTW, Is there anyway to remove the older IB option from the Trade Option as it is a bit confusing?

Comment

Originally posted by clearpicks
                    [B]demarcog,

According to your posts, I think you are using eSingal's IB plug-in and EFS to trade your real or demo TWS account (not the paper account in eSignal). Am I correct?
                    Hi Clearpicks,

Yes that is correct, took me long enough to get it working but it is working.

I wish I can create a buy and sell buttons on the charts using EFS and whenever I click one of them, a buy/sell order is sent to IB TWS and got exectuted while at the same time a protective stop market sell/buy order is sent to TWS with the stop limit price calculated according to the price patterns when I click the buy/sell button. ( For example, the previous 5 minute high/low price as the stop price). According to your experience, is it doable using the current IB integration release on pmd.esignal.com/ib ?
                    Yes. It is doable, in fact I'm doing something similiar.There was I think an IB.efs sample that I used as a basis for the button piece.
                    But there were some issues as I recall that Jason mentioned pertaining to the boolean variables. I'm on a laptop now and won't have access to the code until later today. Let me know if you want the code I'm using and I will post it as I am more then happy to spare anyone the grief I experienced.

If you want to also contact me directly where we can discuss it futher then is appropriate in the forum hit me up at [email protected].

Glen
                    Glen Demarco
                    [email protected]

Comment

How do I get the charts for Idealpro FX pairs on esignal? I tried EUR A0-FX (which, from the discussion below, I assume to be the EUR.USD pair on Idealpro). I am getting a 'not entitled' message, even with TWS running.

Am I using the wrong symbol? I searched in esignal symbol list but couldn't find anything on Idealpro.

Thanks for any input.

PS. I don't want to trade from esignal, just want to see the chart. That's all.
                      Last edited by bf2; 08-17-2007, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Bf2,
                        In most cases if you getting the NO ENT or No Entitlement in eSignal is because you are not subscribing to Forex (GTIS) exchange with you eSignal subscriptions.

If you're sure you are subscribing to the Forex please PM me you username and I can check to see if there a problem on our end. If you are not you would need to add it to you service. You can do this through Account Maintenance using you eSignal username and password.

For more information on symbol pairing please click on the link which is the symbol guide for currencies and currency pairs.

Please let me know if we can be of any other assistance.

Avery H
                        eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by bf2
                          How do I get the charts for Idealpro FX pairs on esignal? I tried EUR A0-FX (which, from the discussion below, I assume to be the EUR.USD pair on Idealpro). I am getting a 'not entitled' message, even with TWS running.

Am I using the wrong symbol? I searched in esignal symbol list but couldn't find anything on Idealpro.

Thanks for any input.

PS. I don't want to trade from esignal, just want to see the chart. That's all.
                          Hi BF2,

FOREX data accessible via the XXX A0-FX symbols is a seperate
                          feed you need to subscribe to and not included automatically with the base eSignal product. It costs about $50 per month and is called the GTIS feed. Last I checked it is listed in the Fixed Income Options off of the Account Management Page.

That's probably why you are not getting the data as the symbol EUR A0-FX is the correct symbol for the EUR/USD pair.

Glen
                          Glen Demarco
                          [email protected]

Comment

OK, thanks for that. So basically I can't chart Idealpro forex pairs using esignal. I must use TWS charting. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by bf2
                              OK, thanks for that. So basically I can't chart Idealpro forex pairs using esignal. I must use TWS charting. Correct?
                              Correct, accessing price data for any of the eSignal FOREX symbols require subscribing to the GTIS feed which is why your attempt recieves the "not entitled" error.

Keep in mind that the GTIS feed is a consolidated feed of 200+ bank's prices which will vary considerable from the price chart you are using via TWS.

So for accurately determining your immediate and "real" bid/ask price the TWS chart is fine.

Glen
                              Glen Demarco
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X