Autotrade Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Clearpicks,

For a timer I take the current time and add 5 sec and put in a variable. Then every event that the efs executes I check the time. Then I'll check to see if the if my order filled if the current time is greater. If it did not fill, I just reset my timmer. On most contracts this works OK.

Please post when you put a new sample esf, so I can download it.

Thanks
    Tom

Comment

Hi Clearpicks,

I downloaded TWSLink and could not get the efs sample to work. If you have a working sample, could you post it.

Thanks

Tom

Comment

It should be a working efs. What error message did you get?
        I will update the efs sample soon.
        I need to finish my semi-auto trading script using IBBridge first.

Originally posted by windswepttom
        Hi Clearpicks,

I downloaded TWSLink and could not get the efs sample to work. If you have a working sample, could you post it.

Thanks

Tom

Comment

Hi Clearpicks,

I get the following from tws "Invalid destination exchange specified". I first click on "Initialize" , then "Connect" (which connects to TWS), Then "Register" (it gives me back a "-1" for the contract id), then "Buy" and nothing happens. Then I look at the TWS log file and see that message. I have change the destination from "SMART" to "NYSE" and "SPY" stock symbol to "IBM" and still get the message.

If you get a new sample done, you can email it to my YAHOO acccount.

Thanks
          Tom

Comment

Did you use papertrade account or edemo? Stock trading in IB papertrade is down.

Originally posted by windswepttom
            Hi Clearpicks,

I get the following from tws "Invalid destination exchange specified". I first click on "Initialize" , then "Connect" (which connects to TWS), Then "Register" (it gives me back a "-1" for the contract id), then "Buy" and nothing happens. Then I look at the TWS log file and see that message. I have change the destination from "SMART" to "NYSE" and "SPY" stock symbol to "IBM" and still get the message.

If you get a new sample done, you can email it to my YAHOO acccount.

Thanks
            Tom

Comment

This is the testing script I wrote, which should be the same as the one on TWSLink site.

Originally posted by clearpicks
              Did you use papertrade account or edemo? Stock trading in IB papertrade is down.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Clearpicks,

Yours is not the same as the one I downloaded. I found the problem. In the "PLACE_ORDER" line in the downloaded version, has "true" coded in "trasnsmit" and yours has a "1". TWSLink does not handel boolean variables in efs (as docummented and as pointed out to me by the author) . So you have to code a 1 or 0. I remember seeing that in the documentation, but did not put 2 and 2 together.

Well, on to the next error. lol

Thanks
                Tom

Comment

Hi Clearpicks,
                  I papertrade IB with efs and NinjaTrader.
                  Tom

Comment

Is there some kind of trick to connecting? I tried TWSLink. When I call Connect(), TWS gives pop-up "Accept incoming connection from 169.254.77.99/169.254.77.99?" (eSignal IP). Shouldn't this be 127.0.0.1, which is set to automatically accept in TWS settings? I click ok, and the prompt returns. I am using edemo account for IB.

Comment

Working...
                    X