Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on disconnect and status of old orders/positions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on disconnect and status of old orders/positions.

After starting TSW and eSignal I noticed that there were orders and positions listed in the IB Brokerage Window that were not showing up in the actual TWS screen for my simulated trading account.

Shouldn't the IB Brokerage Window when connected to the TWS account reflect the status of the "real" or in this case the simulated account?

I also noticed that after a period of time, although TWS and eSignal was up and running the entire time, that TWS was disconnected from the IB Broker Window which prevented orders from being sent out.

Given that both eSignal and TWS were connected and working fine, any idea how the connection between eSignal and TWS was disconnected?

Is there anyway for eSignal to automatically reconnect to TWS, as loosing that connection and not being able to open or especially close position is a concern?

Thanks,

Glen
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Re: Question on disconnect and status of old orders/positions.

Another issue might be the lacking of API to query the status of the connection between eSignal and TWS. Hope all these issues will be solved in the future release of IBBridge.

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by demarcog
    After starting TSW and eSignal I noticed that there were orders and positions listed in the IB Brokerage Window that were not showing up in the actual TWS screen for my simulated trading account.

Shouldn't the IB Brokerage Window when connected to the TWS account reflect the status of the "real" or in this case the simulated account?

I also noticed that after a period of time, although TWS and eSignal was up and running the entire time, that TWS was disconnected from the IB Broker Window which prevented orders from being sent out.

Given that both eSignal and TWS were connected and working fine, any idea how the connection between eSignal and TWS was disconnected?

Is there anyway for eSignal to automatically reconnect to TWS, as loosing that connection and not being able to open or especially close position is a concern?

Thanks,

Glen

Comment

Working...
    X