Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuoteTrader, eSignal, & IB Question

Just a couple of questions...

I've been using eSignal with Interactive Brokers for about a month now and was interested in trying QuoteTrader with it. Can you run both QuoteTrader and eSignal at the same time or do they generate any conflicts with IB or each other?

The docs for QuoteTrader seem to indicate that the quote feed will come from IB, but I was wondering if I can get them through eSignal instead? The reason I ask is that I am only getting my Level II quotes through eSignal.

After installing QuoteTrader, I see a second listing for Interactive Brokers in the Trade menu in eSignal which seems to have a different set of menu items. Is this normal? I have installed this after hours and haven't been able to test any trades through either systems yet.

Thanks,

JT

While I like the way QuoteTrader should work, I can't get it to work properly with IB. It seems to lockup IB when it tries to connect to it. Unless I hear from someone who has made it work, I guess I'll just uninstall it.

JT

Comment

Hi Titge,
      Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been testing with the IB and QuoteTrader for sometime now without problem. Can you give me more information on what happens when you try and connect?

It's unusual that IB is freezing up. In my testing I have had the QuoteTrader freeze when I have not correctly configure the Acitve X to work with the TWS. In which case the API was unable to locate the TWS.

If you could provide me with more information I can try and assist you more. I can also give you a call and try and troubleshoot any issue you might be having. You can PM me your information is you wish.

Avery
      eSignal Support.

Comment

Hi JT,

Please see answers next to questions below...

I've been using eSignal with Interactive Brokers for about a month now and was interested in trying QuoteTrader with it. Can you run both QuoteTrader and eSignal at the same time or do they generate any conflicts with IB or each other?

Yes you can run both the eSignal and the QuoteTrader together, to allow for this we add the entitlement for QuoteTrader on to you existing account.

The docs for QuoteTrader seem to indicate that the quote feed will come from IB, but I was wondering if I can get them through eSignal instead? The reason I ask is that I am only getting my Level II quotes through eSignal.

At the current time QuoteTrader is not configured to use the eSignal data as its main feed. We have been entertaining seveal request for this options and are currently testing the possiblity of it and will keep you posted as to what we come up with.

After installing QuoteTrader, I see a second listing for Interactive Brokers in the Trade menu in eSignal which seems to have a different set of menu items. Is this normal? I have installed this after hours and haven't been able to test any trades through either systems yet

Yes this is normal, what happens is when the installation of the Iineractive Broker Plug-in is done it adds the IB to the Trade Menu. Then when you install QuoteTrader even though is not a directly associated with the eSignal it adds the broker items to the eSignal menu as well.

Comment

I just tried it again. Started and logged into IB TWS. Started QuoteTrader. The IB window pops up asking whether I want to accept the inbound connection, but quickly disappears. I then get a QuoteTrader message that it failed to load datafeed. I click OK. It fires of a shot sound effect, then the IB connection window pops up again, but turns blank. I can not even click on the X to close it. If I right click IB TWS in the taskbar and maximize it, it opens up and closes the popup. But now I have to minimize the IB TWS from the taskbar, the controls in the top right corner stop working.

QuoteTrader's account manager does display my existing portfolio and pending trades, so it must be connecting. But it seems to leave TWS in an odd state.

The Trading window appears to show only the Level I info. It would be great to be able to select the feed source, as I'm subscribing to the Level II feed through eSignal and it is using the eSignal Data Manager for something. I'd just prefer not to double my feed subscript prices by having to sign up for Level II through IB.

I'll do a bit more experimenting using my IB PaperTrading account, to see I have any other issues.

Thanks,

JT

Comment

Hi JT,
            The one thing that we did not look at was the Client ID. This can be found from either eSignal or QuoeTrader. The easiest being from QuoteTrader. From either the Trade Manager or the Position Manager you right click and down to Select Broker. In the select broker window the broker should be set to Interactive brokers, on the bottom of this window you will see client ID and the number should be 0. Change this number to 2 and click OK. Right click again and click connect. What this is telling the system is that you are going be using up ot 3 different application to connect to Traders Workstation (TWS).

Try this and let me know if this works for you. This should correct your problems with freezing. If you are still having problems please PM me your information with your contact information and a good time to contact you so that we can go further into detail.

AveryH
            eSignal Support.

Comment

The new version of QuoteTrader resolved the odd error I was having with the IB connection verification.

Thanks,

JT

Comment

Hello, I installed QuoteTrader, but there data only from IB. Can I switch to data from eSignal somehow? There is only one connection (Interactive Brokers) and I would like to see eSignal data in QuoteTrader and trade with IB.
                Thank you for your help...

Comment

FREE QuoteTrader

Hi pavelevap,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can use eSignal's award winning data to power most of QouteTrader's decision support windows (ie, DOM, Charts or Quote Windows).

Since you'll be trading with Interactive Brokers ("IB"), you'll likely want to connect to them using the Trade Manager DOM. This will provide streaming quotes from, and trading/order-management to IB.

You can connect a decision support window to eSignal by:
                  1. Right-clicking that window (prompting the floating menu)
                  2. Selecting "Connections -> eSignal" (see image)

Let me know if you have any other questions, and thank you for using QuoteTrader

Brent
                  [email protected]
                  http://www.quote.com/quotetrader

Originally posted by pavelevap
                  Hello, I installed QuoteTrader .... Can I switch to data from eSignal ...?
                  Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 06-11-2007, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X