Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broker function

Hello,

I am using the latest version of E-signal along with IB/TWS. Connectivity is OK between ES and TWS (ie. I can see orders, positions, etc in the broker window, and I can successfuly place orders).

I'm writing an auto-trading EFS script, and for some reason getPosition(x) is not returning a value (where x is the position index obtained from getPositionCount()). getPositionCount() returns a correct value. I have yet to try getOpenOrder() or getExecution().

To confirm the problem, I downloaded and ran BrokerInfoDisplay.efs from esignalcentral. It reports the correct number of positions, but nothing in the data fields (Symbol, Vendor, Size).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced,

IK

Hello IK,

The retrieval functions you've listed are not currently being supported. They are problematic as you have encountered. It was determined some time ago that the information retrieval side of the Generic Broker functionality was going to be revisited/enhanced. Therefore, depending on what changes are decided upon in the future, the current purpose or behavior of these functions you're referencing could possibly be changed or deprecated. As far as I know, there hasn't been anything specific scheduled in this regard.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Dear Jason,

Is there a simple workaround to get position and order fill info from IB/TWS? Perhaps an API DLL from IB that can be called using the DLL object in EFS?

Stupid question-- how do people build automated systems in EFS without these basic functions?

IK

Comment

Hello IK,

You'll need to contact IB. They do have an API, which is used by other 3rd party auto-trading tools.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X